1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Aftermarket muffler

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by NumberCruncher, Apr 28, 2009.

1. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

It seems like the Husky TE line has gotten louder and louder over the last few years. Has anyone tried an Akropovic, Leo Vince or Devil muffler? Are they quieter than the stock 2009 muffler?

NC
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wasnt aware of any aftermarket mufflers for the 08/09s. I do know that Leo Vince has a prototype muffler in testing right now for the 09 TEs but it wont be available until later this summer.
  3. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello

DOMA make a great silencer that will 2008-2009 4 stroke
    I have tested on a TE450 2008

92 db

/ Klas
  4. gearstace Husqvarna
    A Class

Thunder Alley

Thunder Alley makes a great system. The owner stated he can make one for any bike. I had one of these on my 04’ 250x and it was amazing. They have great customer support and fit and finish second to none. Each one is handmade and fits like a glove. Attached is a link to a review from DR that is spot on. The only drawback to this system is it is on loud side. The contact information is at the bottom of the review.
    http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=53760&highlight=thunder alley
  5. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

The Arrow exhaust on my '08 isn't too loud. I read in the mags that the exhaust on the '09s are loud which is hard to believe from a European company. I saw a test on a Leo Vince for an '07 TE that was quieter than stock. It will probably take a few months before someone comes out with an '09 system.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  7. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.devil-exhaust.us/gb/moto/enduro_zoom.cfm?id=2095

This looks to be tailor made for the 2009 TE line.

My biggest concern is whether the EFI will adapt to something like this without having to be completely remapped. I think many people figured EFI should automatically compensate for something like an exhaust change but that doesn't seem to be the case so far.

NC.
  9. ah_huat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Guys i would like to know if P/N 8000 B1307(Spark arrester (USA-CDN) is the shorter muffler used to be install in Rick Ramsey bike :confused: as my bike is installed with the longer muffle P/N 8000H0827. Thanks

matthew:D
  10. Bernie Husqvarna
    B Class

LeoVince Slip-on for the 09 MY TE 250/310 is available at least in Europe. Here are some basic information I got from the German importer: The Slip-on 3547 has 2.292 kg in comparison of 3.083 kg of the original muffler. Ist costs 709.00 EUR (incl. VAT). It is entirely made of titanium. The end cap is made of carbon fibre.

Cheers

[IMG]
  11. ramz Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes it is, it says so right on the part. And I think you meant insert or diffuser, not muffler. The spark arrestor insert goes inside the muffler. :thumbsup:
  12. ah_huat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes Ramz :cheers: :thumbsup: thanks. sorry my bad is a diffuser. wow is cost a lot here in Singapore for that shorter diffuser..Mmmmmm any 1 giving away???:D:D
  13. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I tested my 09te450 and it was 100db- at 4100 rpm with the US Spark arrestor in. a buddies 08TE510 tested under the same conditions (except lower rpm due to longer stroke)at 96db... ? packing?

anyway what do you guys think is a better balence of power vs sound
    a DB Dawg or an Arrow DB Killer like Rick Ramsy has...?????
  14. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi Bernie,

are you missing also top-power on your 310? Do have some infos reg. the orig. Husky Kit (CDI+exhaust)?

Regrads, Joe

PS: Gruß aus Wien
  15. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

In Europe we have the long db-Killer as standard. Compared to a self made insert like the US part the power-loss is noticeable.

Anyone experience with the orig. Husky special part 8000H1245 (94dB exhaust can and suitable CDI)?

Regards, Joe
  16. Bernie Husqvarna
    B Class

hey Joe,

I just switched from my KTM 250 EXC-F, due to damage of the engine, to the TE 310. I just did ride the Husky once on our enduro trail so I cannot really say that I do miss top-power. I talked to a german dealer about the titanium exhaust with CDI (8000H1300) because I would like to have less weight and less noise. This is what he answered:

The CDI works well. The kit provides more torque and allows more rev especially in the lower gears which is somehow disabled in the original set up.

I am goin to wait a little bit longer for more manufacturers such as Akrapovic etc. to come up with their solutions before I maybe change the pipe.

So long
    Bernie