1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Aftermarket Exhaust for 2013 TXC 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Rob1965, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 TXC 310r, 2015 Yamaha 250fx
    Any suggestions for aftermarket exhaust for my 2013 TXC 310r? The stock one is not bad, but after riding a YZ450 for a while, a little more punch would be nice. Thanks.
  2. Huskybud47 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I went with an FMF slip on and it made a bunch of difference. They were out of head pipes so I didn't get one of those at the time. I ordered a head pipe and just last week was told they should have one out to me this week. I have a friend that put a Pro-Circuit on his and he's real happy with it, but he misses the extra money he had to pay for it.
  3. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great and thanks. Which FMF slip on did you get?
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I have a few used factory 4.1's for sale in my forum. They have a few scratches and dings, but they won't kill your wallet.
    salvi48 likes this.
  5. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Do you have any pics and pricing you can post?

Thanks.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    They are already posted :)
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    And if you want to add the header later it matches up with the silencer just fine. We had to do ours in two steps because the header pipes werent available from FMF at first.

There are also 'open pipe' maps that will make it rip with that pipe, even with SA/quiet insert. That and nothing more will make the 310R run with 350/450s even on fast courses.
    salvi48 likes this.
  8. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 150 XC, F800GT, S2R1000
    As a result of everyone’s input to my original post on CH I purchased a 2014 TE310R a couple weeks ago - with the dealer performing the full power-up/emissions removal at time of purchase.

After acquiring the requisite accessories necessary to protect me and the bike (hand guards, skid plate, etc.) I am ready to turn my attention to the exhaust.

After searching previous posts on the topic and not finding the answer I’m looking for I’m reviving this post in hopes that some of the resident experts may assist.

I am considering a full system by either Pro Circuit or Akrapovič (FMF's header pipe appears to be out of production or difficult to obtain). As neither full system appears to provide a bung for the Lambda (oxygen) sensor my question is: Does a 2014 TE310R with the full race map require or use the Lambda sensor?

Lastly, Page 110 of the 2013 TC-TE-TXC 250-310 Parts Fiche (attached below) depicts a plug that Husky refers to as a “Lambda Sensor Connector” (Item 21; Part No 8000 H6378). Would I be safe in assuming this part is necessary with a full exhaust when the Lambda Sensor (Item 18) is removed in order to eliminate any possible error codes and ensure the bike continues to deliver the proper air/fuel mixture?

As always, thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    How did you find improvements from the pro circuit pipe ?
  10. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    My 2014 has a full pro circuit and it is nice. Can tell a little more power, but I would not pay full retail for it. I put a FMF slip on on my son's 13 310r and close to the same in terms of power delivery.
  11. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I bought the PC T-5 Full System my 310R too. The kit's workmanship is excellent, mine included two dB reducers or it can be run fully open. I did not receive a spark arrestor in my kit - was supposed to be include and PC's supposed to be sending one (not received yet).

Comes with extra silencer material for your first repack. As you'd expect the open pipe configuration is louder and pulls each gear a little longer (given the close ratio tranny we're only talking a few feet) but doesn't really allow you to, say, use 2nd where you used to use 3rd.

With the dB killer installed there's a bit more grunt down low and the bark is quieted to near OEM levels. Sound is of course subjective but I'd say the PC pipe sounds better than the stock pipe in any configuration though open is significantly louder.

The silencer is physically smaller than stock, 2.05 pounds lighter, and tucks in a bit closer to the bike's frame. On the down side you can not re-use the 310's heat shield. It looks like the two bungs are probably spaced for the 250's heat shield so those may work. (The pipe is designed for both the 250 and 310 and includes two exhaust flanges stamped accordingly.)

Husky special parts offer two different bolt-on heat shields that'll work. The carbon fiber version cost a bit over $100.00 and had been on back-order for some time. I got tired of waiting (and burning my pants) so ordered the plastic version from Bill's. Works well enough, cost about $30.00.

I didn't dyno either exhaust but the PC seems a bit stronger everywhere. I certainly can't detect any area where there's an appreciable drop in performance. For muddy conditions and most single track I like the slightly reduced hit from closed throttle that open exhaust, Map 2*, and G2 Throttle Tamer with 400 Cam provides. (* I'm referring to the Map1/Map2 handlebar mounted selector switch, my ECU is programed with Map3 - open aftermarket exhaust).

For sandy MX I prefer Map1 with the dB reducer installed. With any setup a little pre-compression on the forks and blip of for throttle will loft the front wheel over most obstacles pretty effortlessly (of course the same can be said of any powered-up 310 with a 47 or greater tooth rear sprocket).

As Rob mentioned, the retail price is a bit steep - especially for the Ti-5 version which apparently offers less performance than the T-5 (Stainless) due to its more restrictive exhaust (the Ti-5 meets FIM standards for noise, T-5 meets AMA requirements but not the stricter FIM standard).

I purchased my T-5 System from OEMCYLES.com for $524.22 which at just about $144 more than the FMF Q4 HEX S/A silencer alone seemed about fair to me. Unfortunately OEMCYLES does not seem to carry them anymore.

The correct PC part number is: 0161225G.

Per Pro Circuit, this system will fit Husqvarna TC250R 2012-2013; Husqvarna TE/TXC250-310 2013. Obviously this systems works equally well on the 2014 models.
  12. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    FMF exhaust + race map + VP T4 fuel = bliss. Like a completely different bike.
  13. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    If anyone is interested, I am selling my ZipTy Racing Fmf exhaust. It will come with everything you need except for the longer bolts. I am also selling the quiet insert (bought this separately though fmf) and the spark arrestor (also bought separately through fmf). I recently rode the bike back to back with the stock exhaust and was shocked how much extra snap this exhaust brought to the table.
    Tinken likes this.
  14. AndrewRex Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    Why are you selling it? How much do you want for it?
  15. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    I want $375 for it. You can PM me for more details.
  16. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    I have an older t4 complete setup on my bike that already on it when I bought the bike. It had taken a few hits to the power bomb (or whatever that section is called) I called PC and spoke with a Dan who offered up a replacement of that from header section for what I thought was a fair price. They had to go back into production and make it but they did so and a month later I got the replacement. The pip had been bent and I didn't realize it till I replaced and the new one is sitting much nicer and farther away from the coolant pip on the left. side.If you look at my avitar you can see the old bent pipe.

Anyway not to take anything from FMF but PC will go back into production on there older piper.

Joe
  17. siens Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te310r
    I bought the same system for my 2014 te310r and it doesn't fit..did yours just bolt right on to the head , or did you need some sort of reducer To get it to fit ? The pipe diameter is too large to slide into the opening...
  18. Angus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    My exhaust came with two reducers - one for installing header to a 250 and the other for the 310R. As the 310 collar/reducer is on my bike I've attached photo of the 250. Visually they appear the same except for the number stamped on them (you would have to break out the calipers to measure the difference). The long portion that has "250" stamped on slips over the header, the short part goes against the cylinder. The kit does NOT come with a new exhaust gasket so I'd recommend purchasing a new one unless your bike has very low hours.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having, hope this helps. Good Luck.

PCT5-310-Exhaust Flange - 01.jpg PCT5-310-Exhaust Flange - 02.jpg
    Tinken likes this.