Aftermarket Cluster On A Tr650? Possible If Immobiliser Could Be Bypassed?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by AsianHuskyTour, Mar 6, 2020.

1. AsianHuskyTour Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 x4
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt660x xt660r r1 streetfighter nk650
    While playing about with my terra today I found the bike could be started and reved well with the cluster removed!

It was new to me as I knew the key, ecu & cluster were all coded together!
    I just got the bike going and its been sitting about 2yrs.

The cluster has a few intermittent problems. Like the backlight and ALL warning lights fail at the same time maybe 10 secs after starting the bike.
    Also the rpm seems to be sometimes reading too high.

This does however suggest to me that maybe the immo circuit could be over riden and an aftermarket cluster installed.

I did some tests plugging the cluster in then starting the bike & removing the cluster.
    You can keep starting the bike without the dash plugged in for around 13 seconds but after that the trick wont work.

Must be some kind of a timer chip running the immobilizer!
    If you could reprogram the chip say to 13 years rather than 13 seconds it would be great!
    Then you could fit an aftermarket cluster.
    I just dont know how the immo circuit works, if its in the ecu or cluster.

Yet it must be in the ecu because the bike still starts without the dash plugged in for up to 13 seconds.

Maybe theres a line that runs from the cluster to the ecu that tells the ecu its plugged in. If you could tap into that line & fit a circuit before the ecu you could have it cycling a pulse to tell the ecu its still plugged in.

What do you guys think?
  2. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Those are some interesting results for sure. If you think looking at some electrical diagrams and ecu info might help check out my thread "ECU issues/ground strap" in this forum.
  3. Adsun Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Only one bike at a time for me.
    Looking forward to seeing if you can find a work around for the replacement instrument cluster. I stress about the day that my instrument cluster inevitably fails. I've got mine apart right now trying to figure out a solution to replacing the buttons that will be water tight.... its really not well designed.
  4. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    Any updates on this subject?