1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by giftshopduane, Apr 3, 2009.

1. giftshopduane Husqvarna
    B Class

Pulled my engine last night to rebuild, removed stator cover, no nut on the crankshaft Someone sometime broke it off and just put the cover back on! My 2 parts 250's aren't the same.. I posted in classifieds if anyone has just the stator side pin. Perfect finish to a lousy week...

on a high note got the frame back from sandblaster..sweet.. going to paint this weekend.
  2. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

3. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    I give up,what year,what model 250?
  4. giftshopduane Husqvarna
    B Class

Sorry 1979 390cr....

I have 250 parts motors....all 79'
  5. Mogly406 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '84 250WR '87 250WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Husaberg TE250
    I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard success stories of grinding the broken stub flat and drilling & tapping for a bolt.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Did that with a transmission countershaft that was damaged by a broken chain. It worked really well for that application. A bolt and washer (and a little locktite) held the new sprocket on the shaft in place of the groove and clip.
  7. mradovich Husqvarna
    AA Class

Crank Shaft Repair

I had one of those problems with 75 wr400 I put mine in a lathe and drilled the end I have a post with a few pictures and details its under "70's crankshaft repair"
  8. bobbyG Husqvarna
    B Class

GiftShopDuane,

You're in the same boat I was in, except I didnt have sufficient funds to provide myself with new parts and new engines or cranks, etc...

Which is where my ingenuity came in to play big time, maybe this will get you going although i warn you, it is very bo-bo, even as awesome as it is.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5442