A couple random pics

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by mxer74, Feb 22, 2009.

1. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are a couple random pics of the bike so far. Mainly just wanted to showcase/show the new Skyda cover from 7602...it is a thing of beauty. I have owned/used the Hinson, Pro Circuit, and Boyesen clutch cover in my past years of racing and this thing is EASILY on par with them as far as quality and craftsmanship goes. They really do make some GREAT products, be sure to give them a try. Also pictured are the cool looking Dirt Tricks rear sprockets, Project 321 Carbon gas cap, and you can see the 7602 Racing oil cover in the pictures as well! My brake set up looks like the "poor mans" factory set-up with the Sunline cylinder cover, Sunline rotator clamp, G2 Throttle tube, Titanium drilled banjo bolts, and the anodized red bolts...I think it looks pretty sweet! Oh yeah, and also is a picture of my "home-made" custom step seat...it turned out REALLY well! Enjoy

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

* I will have FULL bike shots hopefully later this week when I get all the graphics installed (waiting on new plastics) and the new exhaust system installed. Thanks.

Blake Young
  2. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Sweet shots there. I love partials of bikes, leaves the rest to imagine.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I keep thinking of something to say about that seat.

If the switch on the wall is turned on, does the bump go away? Is that for the sphincter hold?

Will Wet dog have a comment? :busted:
  4. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The seat thing, it is just a home-made "step seat". I really didn't want to be cutting any of the seat material, so I just added this hump and created the same effect. Here is a link to Brett Metcalfe's Factory Connection CRF in which they do the same thing - not cutting the seat but just adding an additional hump. I know it might look a little gay, but it honestly does help with doubles or what not that are right out of a corner that needs to be "seat bounced". Just thought I would share.

Blake Young

http://motocross.transworld.net/2009/02/12/inside-brett-metcalfes-honda-crf250r/
  5. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. :lol: I remember what George said in Baja when I said I bounced off a couple rocks on the road at high speed and almost went down. "That will make your butt cheeks just want to suck up the the seat don't it?" That knob would have been useful. :p:naughty::shocked:
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm sure it works great! :thumbsup:
  7. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    That never crossed my mind.
    I could never do doubles, I like to keep closer to the ground. :notworthy:
    Yep, photo 25 of 28 shows a great angle of that step up. :thumbsup:
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Can't wait to see the finished product. Boy I really like the looks of those P321 gas caps.
  9. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like an open invitation to me. :D Just wait til PVDuke gets in here.

Let's see.........

Yeah, ya gotta have a big pair of hairy balls to ride a 450 wide open but giving up your left nut is a bit over the top no?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i know your a Ti bolt buying fool and super worried about weight so i thought i would mention the Ironman, while excellent sprockets for sure are about 1.25 heavier than aluminum and the chain guide if swapped out the the enduro roller type would also save. this is all unsprung. Just saying.

- Bike looks great as does the 7602 stuff.
  11. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great pics Blake !
    Can't wait to see the whole bike. What are your 250 plans now that the ellusive '09 is not available?
  12. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did ask about the sprocket while speaking with my contact at Ironman and came to the conclusion that if/when I put the complete rear sprocket Ti bolt kit on it, it will come out to being pretty much the exact weight (plus using the Ironman I won't have to worry about replacing a sprocket halfway through the season). I was thinking the same thing though about the chain guide, I replaced all the bolts/nuts that hold that thing on with Ti ones but I know it could be lighter. I was talking with Motorhead and it is a possibility that a Honda CRF guide might fit which means I could purchase a carbon fiber one. The only problem with this idea is that I would have to break the chain and probably buy a new one....right? I just don't know if it is worth the money to buy a new chain PLUS the guide. Time will tell though....I wouldn't put anything past me....haha. Received some more Ti in the mail today AND the exhaust arrives tomorrow.......will certainly post pics of it once installed. See ya later.

Blake Young
    GO HALL'S CYCLES

* Oh yeah, as far as the "Lites" bike goes, I was never scheduled to ride one of those this year anyway. With money, as you probably know my wife is in full-time CRNA grad school and we have little to no money, financially it was just going to be easier with one bike (gas, tires, oils, etc.......). I will still be racing 2 classes, the Open A class and the +25 A class (I just turned 25 in January so I will be the "young pup" in the class hopefully showing all these old farts what's up and taking their money...haha....then again maybe not....we'll see). That's it.
  13. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great choice on Ironman Sprockets!!!

I would not give up anything for my Ironman Sprocket!!! Hats off to Nate at DirtTricks, my rear lasted me all year in 2008.

Good luck to you in the +25 class, you will see me there, I will be there at a few but not with the same results as you... I like a little moto for training purposes.
  14. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Derek,
    You HAVE to let me know when and where you are going to go Moto at. You should come up to Pawnee and practice with me at my private track sometime this spring, just to get a little "moto" in before the real moto's. I got a Husqvarna pop-up canopy for this season so you will have to pit with me at any race you go to so there can be 2 (count'em 2) Husqvarna's under the tent. See ya later. When is your next race....Georgia????

Blake
  15. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

March 1st or 8th @ LTM is my next scheduled event, depending on the weather. If they don't run I'll be going to St. Joe St. Park (Flat River). But I will take you up on your offer on pit selection. It was real nice back in 2000 when Husky had a huge pit at Wapella. It seemed like we got alot of attention that way.

I just got back from Georgia, I placed 9th in 200A. Not great but I definitely feel I rode better than I did at SC and my test times showed it. It is really tough when you get beat in a 3 way tie break over 15 seconds.

I'll let you know if I am going moto, I assume your doing every moto you can?