1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 99 WR 125 Ignition Update

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jason380, Nov 1, 2019.

1. jason380 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 KTM 380, 03 RM 250, 06 KTM 450
    Hey fellas, I haven't posted in a while but I've still been making progress on this basket case WR 125 I rescued. I just swapped over to a CR frame due to some wear on the linkage boss of the WR frame and have been getting the bugs sorted. It was running great and then lost power/wouldn't come on the pipe the last ride. I thought it was the reeds but they are fine. It starts and idles fine. I am thinking it's ignition related and would like to take the opportunity to upgrade. Yes, I need to troubleshoot that but, I plan to upgrade whether it's the problem or not.
    I have purchased a harness, CDI, and coil from a 2009 KTM 200 XCW. So I need to figure out the stator/flywheel setup. From researching here, it appears I could use a CR 125 backing plate with the KTM stator, correct? I assume I'll need the KTM flywheel as well, correct? It appears the donor bike has a Kokusan 2k3 stator. Please fill me in if there are any more economical setups or if I'm off in my planning here.

I'm pretty stoked to get this thing set up. I was able to beat my best time from my 2003 RM 250 on my practice track by a second without any suspension work. :D

Thanks,
    Jason
  2. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check with HPI as well. They have a few kits available.
  3. jason380 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 KTM 380, 03 RM 250, 06 KTM 450
    Thanks, racer726. I am having trouble finding the CR125 stator. That HPI kit looks pretty cool!