98 te 610 water in engine.

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by JamesHennninger, Feb 2, 2017.

1. JamesHennninger Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 wxe 350 1998 te610
    Hello All, first time posting so please be kind. Seeking some help with a 98 te 610 left kicker. I have a 92 wxe 350 as well which I restored a few years ago so very familiar with the 98 as it is nearly the same and shares many parts. I am restoring the 98 and she is almost done but I am getting water in the oil. I ordered all new seals, 3 for the water jacket, one for the cam, new cam bushing and the aluminum piece that houses the bushing and takes the o ring. The head gasket was replaced, surfaces cleaned, torqued properly. My question is this, on the water jacket that goes through the timing chain, the way I am installing it there is an o ring on the outer most face recessed half way in the engine, half way out to create the compression seal when housing is torqued on. The waterpump gasket's hole is smaller then the o ring and sits on top of it. This does not seem right to me, should I cut the gasket off on the lower part of water pump housing? My wxe 350 uses same gasket and water pump housing but does not have the removable water jacket and it's just a surface to surface seal and the gasket makes sense. Thanks, hope someone can help and hopefully I can help others in the future! IMG_2550.PNG
  2. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Welcome! You should move this to the 610 forum. They will know better. Sorry I don't know.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    older single cams forum...not much traffic there but likely someone that can help!
  4. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    Check for corrosion behind the impeller. Even though your pump is run off the overhead cam, any leaks between internal coolant passages and oil passages will contaminate the engine oil with coolant. You may have such a breach in the head gasket and would not be corrected by replacing seals.