1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'86 430AE value

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by cjVOR, Apr 20, 2014.

1. cjVOR Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    FE 501s , Beta EVO 250
    Anyone who could share an opinion of the value of an '86 430 Auto that was basically never ridden other than once in a while around the yard by an ex dealer and stored.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    thats a tough one man..its a very narrow market. you have to find the right buyer...in my opinion, it hurts the value being an auto. even though they are rarer, many know how fickle they are to keep the transmission from grenading, and how rare and expensive parts are. compared to normal manual huskies that are very durable and low maintenance..most anyone who is into 80s huskies are riders. i just dont think many have 80s bikes kept on show. sadly, i think a bike like you mention is worth much more as parts..
    dont get me wrong, that is a sweet model that won in competition..just may be hard to find a buyer
  3. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Any pics of the pin-up ?
  4. PEZBerq Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    390AMX, 430XC, 240WR, 2x510TE, FE501
    I wouldn't part with it for less than $5000. They don't make me any more you know! There will be a buyer but you might have to wait a while. The auto is a great bike ....we like it that there are people out there who fear them! Less competition for them when they come up for sale :-) Whatever you do don't part it out..that is a simply blasphemous suggestion.
  5. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    I bought a lovely one 2 years ago from a MC dealer, $1000. I don't think you have a chance in getting any where near what PEZ is talking about
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    depends on what country you live in as well. huskies seem to go for double in places that arent in the united states. i bought a nos 88 xc250 for 1500 about 12 years ago. usually a bike that is worth 1500 here goes for much more in, say, australia
  7. dukkman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85/WR 400,86/WR 240,83/430 is mates
    Other Motorcycles:
    69@71/TS90-76/TS100-72/DKW-78/PE
    One of those or something close [ was an auto still in the crate ] sold on ebay a while ago [ remember that I is old and a while ago could be 6 years ] for $8000 here in AUS.
    justintendo likes this.
  8. cjVOR Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    FE 501s , Beta EVO 250
    Thanks. Quite a price range but I guess thats to be expected. I don't have pics yet. Just trying to help a friend out and it will probably end up on Ebay. Thing is practically new with less than 50 miles if I remember correctly.
  9. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I reckon 4K us would see it out, maybe more as its so low use... ideal in an auto....
  10. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

As mentioned previously, the auto has less value than the shifter. I love and rode the auto's for several years and overall I prefer them in most situations. I think it will run $3-4k in the States.