1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'84 side panels ?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by bultokid, Apr 27, 2017.

1. bultokid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '84 250/500 '87 250/430 '18TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultaco, Fantic
    Anyone know of source for non-DC side panels for my '84 250CR or is that my only choice ? Thanks, ride safe
  2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    tried phil at husqvarnaparts.com? email him, he has stuff outside the catalogue
  3. bultokid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultaco, Fantic
    Thanks, I'll shoot him an email
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

for the umpteenth time.......no for 84....yes for 83
  5. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    He was out of stock on the 83 panels but now has them in stock again. There apparently has not been sufficient demand to make them for the 84 and 85 WR models
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

big money to do injected molded with great quality
  7. darren7878 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 CR390 and 84 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 Maico, 79 Kawasaki, 88 Honda
    Shame re the 84 panels as more and more of these are being restored :confused:

Anyone who produces a shiny set will have a worldwide captive audience ...............
  8. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Here are some things going on ! Ideas ? Everything is happening.

Old can be new ? Dull can be shiny. Maybe able to clear the DC stuff in near feature. Maybe even powder coat Yes true

Project pending. Working with two products. A true new binder primer for plastic to paint a clear coat. Have been using this on painting tanks
    and I also have the ceramic binders here for painting or coating plastic. (I just got to get other bike projects done first.)

Yes it done now. Plastic bumpers. -- I just want take both kinds of clear - and apply it to restore our fenders and other plastic parts.

Please note their is huge market for artists painting Oakley sunglasse frames using the clears and colors now. People making tons a money on that.

On the horizon - have acquaintance working with plastic who is now blasting plastic surfaces to almost like new condition using water blasting
    as cushion, using different blasting material. This beats sanding ! Has restored black plastic to smooth new look with no sheen. Flat. Goal use the ceramic satin clear to make 100 new.

PS - I work next to a team in tech shop who have a whole business powder coating plastic Yeti cups. Yes powder coating plastics. New last couple weeks was imbeding
    images in powdercoat. He did a complete family portrait. A team of three have gigantic business going on.

Also - daily in shop watch the 3D printers making all sorts of stuff. These are small, but bigger units - its coming in near future. We will see it soon.

I need more time ! Dang got to learn this ! My key is got to learn the software - working on it. More to come. Has world class scanning company to get some of or most
    all data points of Husky 430 parts. Cases first, gears next.

Humm owner of company has a 430cr on display in his office. this is long term project of mine and it will take some time.
    86 400 XC likes this.
  9. bultokid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultaco, Fantic
    Just picked this baby up. 00g0g_7PglGH3Lkfg_1200x900.jpg 00K0K_gQ8Q9I5Td9H_1200x900.jpg
  10. bultokid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultaco, Fantic

Nothing came up in search.....
    justintendo likes this.
  11. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You have the right panels on the 250CR you picked up. The panels on my 84 250WR are original, the right side has minor blemishes, the left has a long split in it. I am working on finding a panel adhesive that will bind to the plastic.

If there are no damage to the panels you have, strip off the decals and use Rustoleum White Paint for Plastics. I did my fenders in that and was very happy with it. Kylon also has a paint for plastics as well.

You likely can get the decals from Phillip as that process has no where near the cost of the side panels themselves. www.husqvarna-parts.com
  12. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I would try sheet rock webbing with epoxy on the under side to repair a crack. Even steel screen would work?

Ditto on the rustoelum white paint been there three decades ago done that. We're lucky today to have more new parts available. Years ago I was scouring the countryside for them.
  13. bultokid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultaco, Fantic
    Thanks for every ones help, I appreciate it. They're in good shape was just going to pop for some new ones if out there. Will put some of the full panel decals on from Roost/VMX. Have DC ones on the '84 500WR, just like Phil's better for fit/finish
  14. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Phil strives to supply 100% accurate reproduction plastic for those seeking true reproductions of OEM plastic. No one else seems to offer that as even HVA-Factory sells DC Plastics. I am not knocking Andy because he offers so many things we would have to make ourselves because no one else does.

I would try to bleach out the panels you have if there are no defects that require filling. The likelihood of you finding the correct panels is scarce as I have seen several places selling DC Plastics but not disclosing that. When you look at as much plastic as I do you can see the difference between Acerbis plastics and DC Plastics.