1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

83-84 250 XC/CR cylinder needed

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by scoott, Dec 21, 2014.

1. scoott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 Huskies from 1979 to 1987
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM's from 01 to 2010.
    I'm not sure where to post this......but I am looking for a 83-84 250cc aircooled cylinder for a 250 XC/CR. Or a pipe to fit a 430 into the later 83-84 twin shock chassis.

A friend took my cylinder to port it ( former national MX pro heavy into vintage/ evo racing.) and I haven't seen or heard from him. Just looking for a good , stockish cylinder to get it running again.

I tried the Husky service bulletin using a WR liner with an XC barrel and porting to match, modded the pipe ......and was less than pleased with the result. The motor did make more midrange ,a little sooner......but it went flat on top and forced an early shortshift to keep it on the bubble. End result was the power was in a narrower range and harder to keep in the power.
    So my friend was going to give it a shot, but between life and divorce, haven't heard a peep.

I had modded the frame, pulling the head in 2 degrees/ revalving&springing both ends, and have a husky that will turn with most modern bikes. If I can't find a 250 cylinder, I'm thinking of putting a 430 motor in it and crafting/buying a pipe to match.
    Or I let it sit with my other Huskies untill something catches my interest. In a few years my 10 year old will want to flog the old bikes.

Thanks,Scott
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    EBay? Don't tell everyone.
  4. scoott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 Huskies from 1979 to 1987
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM's from 01 to 2010.
    I check ebay now and then. I've seen lots of 82 cylinders, but not the 83-84. I'm not looking to buy a $500 cylinder, more like $100- $200 , depending on how good a bore/oversize it is. I might try husqvarnaoutlet and see what they say. I had never heard of them before.