1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

82-430xc

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Husq.fleet, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was done-sorta, are they ever? before I found this forum but I thought I would post a thread of the ongoing work. Cosmetic resto with frame powdercoating, tank repaint of nice low hour bike. Only have ridden it around the block a couple of times and found carb to be way out of wack. Straightened carb out, thanks Picklito. Have new rear shocks coming for it. Finally decided enough garage queen and took it out today to in-laws ranch for a shakedown. Did my big bore start ritual and fired second kick and idles like a dream. Pilot is lean and surging and verified that with choke-kinda a "hang on tuning" deal. First blast down gravel road short shifting it and it walked through clutch from 3rd on-oops! One thing that made me nervous was oil was foaming and actually came out vent tube clear up by tank? Tube is clear and when getting on it you can see oil going up tube-level was fine- suspicious of LH crank seal pressurizing clutch/trans compartment??? Got it home and pulled clutch cover and found the following. kicker idler bearing is perfect-good, disassembled clutch-looks perfect, still has alum. plates, basket is near perfect, no ridges, kicker gear on back of clutch ugly and sharp like my 250 was. I'm going to put the later clutch gear, kickstart gear and idler gear in it while I have it apart. Anyone know a "easy way" to get the later style idler shaft out of a case? Tried expanding internal bushing slide hammer-didnt budge. Removed a old style one by tapping it and then using slide hammer but dont want to damage this new style one.

Attached Files:

2. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Said it once and will say it again - that is one sexy beast. Resto needed? Looks fab as it sits.

I see the red tanked 250 sitting in the garage. What's sticking it nose just out the garage door over there on the left?
  3. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats my woods bike, 84 WR250 with 83 CR tank/seat. Believe it or not got rid of my 06 CRF250X woods bike for that, say- just fits better... Shimm- you got the "Husky eye" to see that speck of a fender? Scott

Attached Files:

4. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just saw "...Give Schimm a bad time...". Sneaky and under handed in small print - genius. A dis that doesn't get recognized - I like it!!! Can I use that?
  5. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its all fair game.......Scott
  6. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had two weeks off during the holidays so I actually got some garage time. Helped that it never got over 15 deg last few days. RetroRocket pipe that will fit with a few more mods. Installed the Mossbarger Reed also. Sorry no ride report, weather delay

Attached Files: