1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'81 HVA engine size

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Stapleking, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

Hokay....I'm looking at an '81 Husky, current owner [used car guy] doesn't know the engine size. Looks to me to be a 430 WR, but I'm not certain. Engine no. is 2087 128

Anybody know for sure, or where I might find a database matching nos. to bike/engine model?

Thnx. in advance! :cheers:
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

430 for sure..............2087 is 81 to 83 430 engine prefix. Have one myself so consider that # verified.

Joe
  3. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

Mucho gracias!

If the VIN checks out [I'm a teensy-weensy suspicious of the provinence of this bike], I'm gonna pull the trigger. Have wanted a Swedish-built HVA big-bore for years, but sloth, logistics, and a healthy regard for unbroken limbs, have deterred me. Until now.

This thing is quite literally right up the street, is all there, in running condition, cheap. Will make a great resto project and a fun toy, albeit a potentially deadly one. gonna have to keep it hidden from She Who Must Be Obeyed...
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm sure you can keep it at my friend's farm in Virgil, with his '82 430XC and my '82 250WR. If you get it or any other dirt bike, you're welcome to come down to ride.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You trying to collect the entire 1982 series? :D
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Working on it!:busted:
  7. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

Norman,

You, and the place down there, are precisely what I have in mind for this bike. We'll see.....seller has not gotten back to me as yet. I'm a bit suspicious of him as this deal is a little too good, and you know what that generally means. It's a "no title" sale which occasionally translates to no legal ownership. Not necessarily as NYS doesn't issue titles for vehicles older than 10 years, but a possibility.... :thinking:
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    New York does issue titles for vehicles over 10 years old.... I just bought a '95 Subaru for my daughter and got a title. Friend bought an '80 CAN AM 250 with a title and NY issued a new one. If it has paper work you can get a title. You can't get one out of thin air though.
  9. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

S'pose it doesn't matter for an off-road vehicle. After all, 'posession is 9/10ths of the law', right....?? :D
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yup!:thumbsup: