1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

79 WR250

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Dan Gavin, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Dan Gavin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many
    I've got a 79 WR250 that won't fire up and I'm trying to diagnose. Original motoplat with large flywheel. Original crankshaft, carb and fresh top end. Bike will not fire at all. Not even a pop. Pulled exhaust thinking plugged P pipe etc-still no fire. Entire ignition gone over by VS and blessed off as giving great spark. Won't fire on bump start down hill. Swapped carb with known good carb still nothing. Ground wires run from stator to coil to cyl head. Will spark a plug laying on cyl fins but won't fire up. Mag timing set to 2mm. Timing pin location is at/near 4 o'clock location. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    is the plug wet when installed, kicked, then removed? bike is likely flooded....especially after the pull start didnt work.
    troy deck likes this.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

had this happen on a 78....ring cracked
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yea you might have a crankcase plumb fulla gas might turn it wheels up with the the plug way far away NO SPARK!!! AND GIVE A FEW GOOD SPINS
  5. Dan Gavin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many
    A few more pertinent details, carb working fine I e cases not full of fuel, plug getting wet with fuel but in normal fashion i.e. Not flooded with fuel, great compression-new bore and Wiseco piston Assy. I did replace the cases due to case rot and I believe they were from a 78 motor. Can anyone confirm the location of the timing pin as about 4 o'clock for the large diameter motoplat flywheel used on the WR?