1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

79/80 fork help

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Team WR, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Team WR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am trying to find what type of bushing goes in the right lower fork leg which the front axle goes thru. This would be the type used with the front axle with the bar (used to help you pull it out by hand after loose up the bolts) and normal nut.
    Its used on the WR/OR front ends. I saw one on some complete forks for sale on EBAY, not sure if its aluminun or steel, and it had a slit across the bottom like the fork leg. I guessing that the fork lowers are the same and this piece goes in the place of the aluminum bolt/nut on the CR's
    Can anyone help? or provide info on the lower fork legs for a 1979/1980 250/390 WR/OR
  2. Long Range Husqvarna
    B Class

The parts diagrams show a sleeve with a separate nut for the front axle on the 1980 OR and WR - part number 151623901. The CR's had a one piece front axle nut/sleeve - 151608401. Tou can look in the Vintage Tech Ref section for all kinds of 79-80 parts info.
  3. Team WR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Excellent!
    Thank you Long Range, I have the axle and nut, just need the sleeve. My bike has the CR axle aasembly. I joined this site for this kind of information and help. I will check the tech section for additional info.

Best Regards.
    Team WR (1979 250WR)
  4. Long Range Husqvarna
    B Class

Glad I could help. I just checked the Halls-Cycles.com parts site, and they appear to have the sleeve available for about $14 plus s+h.
  5. Team WR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks again Long Range,
    I will check the site, I forgot to ask if anyone had one or for a source.
    What a great group of people!

Team WR