7602 decomp perch conversion

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by 7point62, Sep 14, 2009.

1. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    My '04 TE had the handlebar mounted decompressor which was ugly and vulnerable to damage, so it wasn't a great surprise or disappointment when I broke it. I was about to order some bits from 7602 Racing anyway so I took the opportunity to buy their clutch master cylinder cap / decomp mount. I also ordered a decomp lever from venhill (a U.K. based Magura supplier as well as a useful source of hard to find cables and whatnot). The stock decomp cable fitted like a champ after a little rerouting and everything buttoned up in a few minutes...

[IMG]

'Course, a Magura master cylinder cover off a later bike would have done the job, but the 7602 item places the decomp lever lower so it's easy to operate the clutch and decomp at the same time. Decomps aren't essential on a 'leccy start bike but it's a nice safety blanket in case I flame out and lock up while descending one of the slate cliffs that are so common round here, or even if I ever needed to bump-start the bike.

This little upgrade has made the decomp much more practical and robust. :cheers:
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Glad you like the piece 7.62 Thanks for your business and taking the time to do a great writeup. :cheers: