1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'76 250WR Ohlins pipe install

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Kartwheel68, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    As some of you know, Husky offered an optional through frame pipe designed by Kent Ohlin in '76-'77 to replace the stock side pipe. I snapped up one of these pipes new and unused on eBay a few years ago for $45 because it was listed as "unknown Husky pipe" but I knew what it was. I did not have a muffler for it so I have not bothered to try to install it. I decided I would use an spare '82 250XC muffler/spark arrestor I had laying around. All I had to do was cut off the bracket where the original mount is and move it forward to use the original '76 number plate stay. I then used a long spacer to mount the rear number plate bracket. I will do something else eventually for the number plate spacer as I dont like what I have now, but overall the installation was easy and I ended up with a clean OEM looking setup. Its a little bit long, and I might cut the muffler down since I dont need the spark arrestor, but I will probably leave it like it is.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    Is the Ohlins pipe any different than the 1978 250WR pipe? It really looks factory to me.
  3. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I bet its super quiet with that silencer. The silencer application looks like it should work okay. I too am curious about the benefit of the Ohlin pipe vs stock, its a good looking pipe.
  4. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Very cool. Nice period correct touch.
  5. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    It looks factory because it sort of is since Husqvarna built and sold the pipe through its dealers, it just was not a production line part. I think the 78 pipe might be similar but I think the 76-77 Ohlins pipe was a little different than any production part. It does not seem like there is much difference in power although I am sure the Ohlins pipe is a better performing pipe, but it makes the left side of the bike MUCH narrower, I can actually get my whole boot on the left footpeg.
    oldbikedude likes this.
  6. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    I had an odd pipe on my 78 with a KX silencer and I used flat steel for a number plate bracket. It's mounted on the seat bolt. It goes behind the silencer and under it. It flexes a little but I have never had an issue with it. The plate will be lower and under the silencer.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Nice looking bike. I like the older higher seat too. The lower 80's seats are ok. We stand up most of the time anyway. But those new seats are so thin.
  8. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I like the "Jason recliner" 400 I sit down alllll day...comfy
    oldbikedude and justintendo like this.