75 and still going!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by juicypips, Jul 30, 2016.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f

View: https://youtu.be/Mdi4lb6t__c

Well as the title says there's a guy in Canada that's 76 now and still rides dirt like a true boss.

I hope I'm still going like that when I get to his age.
    duggoey, Dirtdame, lankydoug and 2 others like this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    He is linked to that new e rag for dirt bikes. Good on him, would love to do the same.
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    That's awesome. My grandpa is 74 and just rode his bmw from so cal all the way to British Columbia and hit some dirt along the way as well. He used to smoke my a$$ when I was a teenager and when he was still riding his xr600. I give the the old timers props for sure
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    He gets to ride with Graham Jarvis too.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yep. I miss Colby Johnson and Al Nurian out at McCain Valley. Colby is about 80 now and Al is probably 84. Colby used to come out and ride his KTM set up sort of like a trials bike, and then Al would drive out in his old truck with a four stroke Montesa trials bike in the camper shell. He'd get out and unfold his walker, unload his bike. Then Colby would kick start it for him, and he'd lean his walker against the truck and shuffle over to his bike, get on, stand up and off they'd go for an afternoon of rock crawling. Colby would always be there for Al, to pick Al and his bike up after a fall. The spring of 2015 was the last time I saw either of them out at the riding area. After that, no more. So I e-mailed Colby and asked if everything was alright. He replied that Al was stuck at home now, in poor health. Colby also said that he moved on from his KTM to a mountain bicycle that he could ride near his house.

Al and his Montesa.
    [IMG]
    juicypips and rancher1 like this.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    That's sad to hear that he's had to give up but nab oh man that is giving it as long as you possibly can to continue riding.
  7. Xriderdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR360 SW / WR360 IT / FE501 AU
    Other Motorcycles:
    BUL MK3,KAW KE100,CZ 988-1,YAM FZ1
    My pops on his toys at 73
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Stay riding it's great exercise. Keeps you in shape. Your working every muscle group. Remember all we do as we get older is wick it and brake it. It's surviving the ride.

When I gave up riding my body went down hill. When I was riding three to four times a week I was in the best shape of my life.

You have to love life and life will love you back enjoy the ride life goes by so fast. Slow down take a kid riding.
    duggoey likes this.