1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

75 250WR Man it's LOUD! Silencer questions

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by KLFLASH, Sep 28, 2017.

1. KLFLASH Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300XC-W Penton 125/250/400
    Hello all, long time lurker here, first time posting. Just woke up a '75 250WR from a very long nap. Fortunately other than fluids and fuel system/carb cleaning, it fired right up and runs like a bear.

My questions concerns the pipe/silencer, it stamped Skyway on the end. What can or needs to be done to quiet this beast down a bit. It's brutally loud. -I'm told there's a silicone diaphragm that when disintergrated make the bike extremely loud.

Thanks,

Kurt@trailrider

Attached Files:

2. dumpbear Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360wr burl rep/74works bike/76360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    goldwing
  3. dumpbear Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360wr burl rep/74works bike/76360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    goldwing
    Hey Kurt sounds like you need to put some new packing in the silencer the silicone flapper might help a little but new packing will make a big difference especially if there's none in there now.
  4. Jeff B Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha ty 175,
    I have the same bike. When new, these bikes were loud compared to a modern enduro bike. But they were not horrible. Like dumpbear said, new packing might help. Be careful if you look at aftermarket exhaust, they too are very loud as most you find will be for the CR 250. I bought a Pro Form and it was terrible, ran great, but was very loud. I put a DG type of muffler on it.
  5. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    You can still get the steel Super Trapp silencers. Including the weld-on that was installed by the dealer for enduro use