1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

74 Mag kick starter help

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by oldnslo, Apr 23, 2016.

1. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha
    Can any help me by describing the proper method to preloading the kick starter mechanism prior go mounting the side case back on the motor. When pulled the cover off to replace the clutch the kicker mechanism unwound and being the dumb shit that I am I can't seem to be ble to get pre wound prior yo installation back onto the block...

Thanks in advance for your time..
  2. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
  3. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thank you a bunch for taking the time to post this for me however my Mag is totally different and I'm entirely sure if the same method holds true for my Mag

...I have our first race of the season tomorrow morning nd figured installing a new clutch pack was in order never dreaming that I would not be able to figure out the secrets to the kick starter mechanism.....so bummed ....jeez....what a dumb ass I turned out to. be...frustrating as all get out, not to mention a bit embarrassed ...
  4. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    On second thought and after watching this a few mote times, this may be exactly what I need to do. I'm going to try it and find out. I can say that my spring is most certainly tired if the misaligned ends holds true for my Mag as in this example...more to follow. Thank you again for making the effort to help me. I appreciate it ....
  5. Richard Colahan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    71 250 Cross, 74 125WR, 75 250WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vintage British bikes, 1969 Penton
    Keep in mind next time you pull the clutch cover...both the shift lever and the kick start lever stay in place on their shafts...they do not get removed to pull the cover off!
    That helps keep things a bit simpler.
    Hope you made the race!
  6. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did not make the race but I'm sure glad you made that point to me Richard....it will be something I will not soon forget. Black Eddy isn't very far from me...
    Thanks