1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 701 Enduro

Discussion in '4st' started by raysaw, Dec 17, 2016.

1. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Anyone have one? Do they experience the oil consunption issue? What do they think? I have a deposit on a 2017 due end of Jan. ANy feedback appreciated.
  2. PeterOnTheRoad Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Fe 501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki klx 250, BMW R1200 Lc
    Hi Rawsaw, I have a 2016 Fe 701 Enduro and the first 4,500 km I used a lot of oil up to 1 liter / 1,000km. The dealer finally took it in at 4,500 km and checked all up and told me he found nothing out of the ordinary. Hi told me that the 701 is very sensitive to high oil fill level and I should be careful not to fill over top mark. If overfilled the engine will suck up the oil from the crank vent. I have now this weekend taken a 3 day 1,000 km trip and didn't use oil at all so I wonder what happened in the Husky shop since I didn't change my habit on the oil fill level. Im happy with the bike but you must find a after marked seat like Seat Concept and some handle bar mounts with vibration reduction like Xtrig otherwise a day ride is hell. I also installed a fairing from Brittania Composite in Canada and some soft pannier racks from Toys2go in SA.

Attached Files:

krider59 likes this.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Perhaps the engine has finally run in?
  4. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro

The dealer is giving you bullshit on the oil level thing.

I've got 2 MY15 690's for my wife and I with + 8K miles - same motor. I run 2.2 liters of Mobile 1 0-40 since 60 miles on the ODO. The motor has never puked oil into the airbox. My wife's 690 burned a small amount of oil in the beginning, mine hardly any. Now, no oil consumption period. Our last long trip was 1,200 miles of Idaho back country and no oil consumption. Just changed the oil in both yesterday getting ready for another trip - nothing on the drain bolt magnets and nothing in the Scott's SS filters or strainers. I've not heard of anyone's 690/701 motor burning oil long term. I think you just ran enough miles to get past the new bike mating issues. Best of Luck. You have a really nice motorcycle.
  5. Stefan NZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 TERRA 701E
    How the hell do you start a thread on here?!!!
  6. EB1156 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 FE 501 S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '09 KLR650

Use the "Post new thread" button to the right of the header on top:

Forums/ Husqvarna Motorcycles/ Husqvarna Motorcycles- Austria/ 4st------>
  7. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R

Thanks Peter, appreciate your advice. I take delivery of my 2017 model in four days, so am creating a to do list.
  8. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Got it. Love it. IMG_5001.JPG