630 just cut out for a moment.....weird

Discussion in '610/630' started by FasYankee, Aug 2, 2015.

1. FasYankee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    BOOM!
    So I'm on my way home from work last night around midnight. I'm about 1/2 mile from my house at a t-intersection that I'm very familiar with. No-ones around so I figure I'll do my usual late-brake, bang down 3 years & back it in to the corner. Well as I'm coming up to the corner I pull I the clutch, snick down three and am on the brakes hard when the bike just shuts off. Worst thing is it's pitch black in that area so the headlight goes off too.....I eased out the clutch & the bike re-started.....rode the rest of the way home without issue.

Anyone have anything like this happen before? Is it a sign that something is going to fail soon?

I have been fiddling with the I-beat & JD tuner to try and weed out some snatchiness out of the cruising speed and off-on throttle response but that's it. Bike has de-catted stock pipes, all the regular P/U mods & holes in the airbox with the JD tuner mounted on the bars so I can adjust whilst riding.
  2. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Ye ,
    I had something like that happen intermittently on the trail once on my 610 , turned out it was loose battery connection.
  3. FasYankee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    BOOM!
    Huh, I was under the impression the engine would still run if the battery were disconnected, just run off the generator....
  4. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Check the spark plug to see if its black - could be a fuel issue? Did you accudentally knock the cold start lever?
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Mine's done this and, though embarrassed to say (as it can pose a safety issue), I've not looked into it seriously.

Mine only happens at a shift (it's happened 2-3 times in the 4 years I've been riding it.) I can't help but think it's got something to do w/ the safety switch at the clutch perch. So perhaps check yours- I know it's simple but perhaps a loose wire or something.

Let us know what you learn.
  6. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    It would loose power every time i hit a bump or braked hard ( didnt fully cut out ) .. But i know the 610 wont run unless the battery is good / connection are solid ..
    But as someone else suggested engine kill on clutch lever or sidestand could likely be cause .,
  7. FasYankee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    BOOM!
    I think it was the settings I had (ibeat/JD). I was reading the instructions wrong, since I've figured it out it hasn't stalled & now pulls like a raped ape. I think I was getting lean flame out, as it would happen more often when cold, and would start faster if I pulled the enrichening lever....I have another issue though....off to start another thread!