630 hydraulic clutch to 610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Mantti, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mantti Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 -06
    Hi,

Any 630 owners who has or cares to take picture of clutch slave cylinder mounted
    in left side of crankcase?

Reason I'm asking this is, that I'm planning installing 630 hydraulic clutch to 610
    and I'm interested in how tight the tolerances are in mounting bolts.
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    This thread has some real close-up shots, and further down a shot that's a little further away.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/please-help-with-routing-of-gear-pos-sensor-wire.70318/

Now I don't have a 610 and may be missing something but the real difference is in the engine casing/casting and overall design of the clutch actuator. The 610 has an actuator arm for the clutch, naturally, so you'd be looking at a hydraulic conversion set-up. This comes with a totally different slave- one that mounts where your fixed cable end/housing mounts just forward of the actuator and moves your stock actuator. That set-up will look something like:

http://www.venhill.co.uk/Controls,_...MEC_KITS/0120506_HYMEC_CLUTCH_CONVERSION.html

BTW- I know nothing about Venhill- just grabbed the first illustration I could find.
  3. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
  4. Mantti Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 -06
    Of course it's not direct swap as plug and play, but with a little milling and welding it should be doable.:D
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Personally I think it's a very ambitious task, though I admire your optimism. I'd say study the diagrams and pics (and internals) of both the 610 and 630 casings very carefully to try to determine if it's even feasible. It's also a "grass is always greener" thing (or at least a different set of pros and cons) as, every time mine leaks, I'm inclined to lust for the simplicity of a cable system. I know the system on the 610 is notorious for eating cables but, from what I understand, if cables are routed/aligned straight/just right- and adjusted appropriately- then it's a pretty reliable set-up.
    Theo likes this.
  6. Mantti Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 -06
    I don't have 630 case available, 610 is open in front of me. Already talked with welder, who agreed that it should work, if the cylinder fits there. I think the stator side is quite tight on the 630 also and IMHO it is similar as 610.
  7. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    George Erl at Uptite Racing in Santa Ana, CA has the Magura Hydro conversion kits for the 610. I got one and installed it over a year ago.....muy bueno!
  8. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
  9. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    Me too Talk to George at uptight....
  10. Mantti Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 -06
    Magura Hymec doesn't solve the bad design of clutch arm :mad: I already broke one PBR hymec kit.