630 efi differences.

Discussion in '610/630' started by XLEnduroMan, Mar 31, 2011.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    photo.JPG I see the main Husqvarna site specs. the 630's with a 45mm throttle body, BUT the USA brochure says 42mm. Argh! No wonder we are getting mixed reviews on the new 630's. It appears we in the USA are getting a more chocked up version besides just the air box labrinth. [IMG]I am guessing we might have different ECU's to. Here is a pic of my '11 USA TE 630 ECU. Any different versions in other countries?
  2. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Canada has the same part number:
    8000B0564 | 0125 | K.A
    ECU181-AA | ECU181-A001A | 0467
  3. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Apologies XLE, this is completely off topic but also relevant, esp with recent posts.

So much time, materials, energy, shipping, fuel is used to make and deliver all the parts that correct all this red tape, 'can't have more than x emissions etc', that it totally defeats the point. I honestly think if Husky or any other manufacturer could they would. They get no financial benefit, we all go elsewhere for pipes etc. It seems like they're selling a bad machine we rectify at our expense. It costs them so much more in R&D to even get these machines out there. The average biker does what, between 3 to 6k a year? Stack that next to trucks, buses, cars, planes, cruise/transport ships. We don't even make a dent.

There must be control on this stuff, we all want an environment to enjoy, but I think sub 750cc (or something) bikes should be assessed a bit more leniently. Yeah right....
  4. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

My Australian bike is:
    8000B0564 | 0125 | K.A
    ECU181-A | ECU181-A001A | 0070

I'd expect a half dozen or so variants for different regions.
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The one that came with the twin Arrow slip-ons and the p/u kit is 8000B0564 8222 TF ECU181-A 0218
  6. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

To add to the confusion check out the part numbers in the parts manual.
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow, in the '11 parts catalog there are 10 different part numbers for SMR ECU's, and 5 for the TE ECU's. :confused: The SMR one that says Europe-Limiter doesn't sound so nice.
  8. MASTER_E Husqvarna
    C Class

Here's what my ECU says to me :)
    [IMG]
  9. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Checked out the 630 parts manual to compare Euro and USA parts.
    1) USA has different exhaust cans. Suspect these have spark arresters or markings to denote as USA. Unlikely to be more restrictive than EU model as one member changed to LeoVince with little power gain.
    2) USA model has the intake labrith. Restrictive and easily removed.
    3) USA model has different ECU as mentioned previously. The ECU seems to be the bottle neck in extracting the power the 630 is capable of producing. With the claimed "20%" increase in power with the increased compression/displacement, DOHC, etc over the 610 the ECU is the only thing left! Interesting to see what the twin Arrows with updated ECU will do for the USA spec 630.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We all want this ECU. [IMG] I hope they come out with a individual hot rodded ECU for purchase. FMF has a exhaust for the 630's now, so stuff is being made.
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I wish I could get the pipe I want (Leo full Ti system) and a new ECU to go along with it. I don't want the PowerCommander hassle. I don't have a tuner here to make me a custom map, and I'm not so sure about that AutoTune business.
  12. MASTER_E Husqvarna
    C Class

jtemple likes this.
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Good info in there, thank you!
  14. Ketek Husqvarna
    AA Class

In case another ECU model is still needed, here's mine:

06042011838.jpg

There's a guy at Husqvarna that likes to put a lot of different stickers on the ECUs in order to confuse us....
  15. Woolls Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG] These are the numbers on mine in New Zealand. I am not entirely sure that the dealer installed the new ECU when I brought the bike as I had the arrow cans and ecu up grade from new. Is there any chance someone could confirm the identity of my ECU
  16. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Got 2 stock bikes, think they are European spec:

2010 TE630. (last 2 numbers top row) 0125 KA
    ( last number bottom row) 0181
    2010 SM630 (last 2 numbers top row) 9X21 KA
    ( last number bottom row) 0163

The rest of the numbers on my ECU labels are the same as yours.

Both my top rows end in KA, whereas yours ends in HQ.
  17. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    I also read conflicting specs for the U.S. Husqvarna TE/SMS 630 on different publications and web sites. Manufacturers are known to change their specs at will. Most manufacturer's web sites have a disclaimer that reads; "Manufacturer's specifications are subject to change without notice" Essentially, this allows the OEM's a right to do what they want with regards to model differences.

I think my 2011 TE630 U.S. version has a "good" ECU and 45mm throttle body. :thumbsup:
  18. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe the 42mm throttle body statement is a hold-over or typo from the 610 specifications.

Reading some stuff on the Husqvarna Australia site coughed up this statement:

"Conversion to standard (non LAMS approved) power delivery is readily available as an option for purchasers who subsequently gain an open license status."

LAMS is apparently a learner's mode with restrictions on power-to-weight output and maximum displacement.

"Standard power delivery" versus LAMS power delivery makes me wonder what "readily available" options distinguish these two modes. Just the PU kit?

EDIT: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/australian-te-630-newbie-set-up.19810
  19. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.
    Well this is a trip !

I'm struggling to find an ECU for the TE 450 2008,
    I typed in my part # and found this thread showing the same then for 2011 610 ?

8000 B0564
    ECU181-A
    USA TE 450 08

I was led to believe the other #'s were production and location line #'s.

Only the TXC and the TC 450 and 510 for 2008 have a different ECU # which is: 8000 A4052 of course comes standard adjusted for the different pipe etc.
    When I installed what they then called the power up kit we had to have the dealer re map the ECU with ibeats.
    looks like Europe included a brand new ECU with their kits which leads me to want to throw my self off a bridge with this 08 450 which will have to be pushed cuz wont start !!!
  20. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Wat up husky people im sure this has been asked but im guna ask any way wats so special bout the arrow ecu other then it being better then sliced bread is there any way to replicate it with ibeat as im keen as on the ecu but not twin pipes not my thing id rather a two into one like the limited edition sm Screenshot_2016-10-21-18-26-14.png