630 Clutch TSB or Recall info

Discussion in '610/630' started by bushwa, Jul 23, 2014.

1. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Hey,
    I'm aware of the change to the clutch actuator rod, but I can't find anywhere the actual TSB or Recall info, or if it was actually a recall. I purchased a 2011 TE630 used, low KM, in Canada, and I'm having the symptoms described in the posts I read, difficult finding neutral when stopped, clutch is very grabby and not smooth in engagement either. I called the local dealer and the only recall they were aware of was the sprocket nuts/bolts, and verified this had been done by the vin number. Does anyone have a TSB number, a copy of the TSB, recall number, something they can reference?
    Thanks,
    Gary
  2. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
    Not sure. My bike had the recall done and I still have problems getting into neutral with the motor running at a stoplight. It flat out will not shift into neutral sometimes. Same symptoms as you and in addition to the clutch rod I've had it serviced separately where the mechanic took the clutch apart, couldn't find anything wrong, and put it back together.
  3. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll pull the rod tonight to confirm if it's been done or not before going any further. I assume you pull it from under the hydraulic actuator on the left hand side?
  4. NorCalAthlete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 SMS
    No idea. Took it in to the shop, mechanic said he was familiar with it, he was done in about 15 minutes.
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  6. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Did full oil change with filter screens, and pulled the rod to check it out. .315", so it's the old part. Bad part is, Local dealer doesn't know when/if they can get one, and Halls say it's on back order too. Anyone know where one of these may be obtained?
  7. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Eric V, thanks for posting that. The thread had a reference to the NEW pn for the updated rod. I was looking for the old PN off the fiche, which is not available, for good reason. Apparently the dealers can't tell if a part has been superseded. Gave dealer new PN, part is available and ordered. :-) So, for future reference and anyone looking, the updated PN originally posted by Silverbullet, is 8000H5375.
    EricV likes this.