630 Airbox - Wake-up Call

Discussion in '610/630' started by Fast1, Sep 26, 2011.

1. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
  2. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    I agree with everything you said except the $1,500 mod budget. I'd say closer to $800. PU kit $50, twin Leo slip-ons $550, JD tuner $206. :thumbsup:
  3. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    Oops!! The above was in response to StangSlayer's previous post.

I also forgot to add a drill and 3/4" bit to the mod budget ;)
  4. StangSlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes, i would have to agree also, I was speaking more on the terms of all of the things i had to do to get the bike to preform at a "Decent" level, that dose include (pegs, Hand guards, sprockets, tires, compression adjusters for the forks, rear rack, seat concepts seat, Skid plate. my apologies i should have been a bit more clear about the other items.

Never the less, i did get a smoking deal on my Ext but in most cases being pretty much all, lets take a look at what it would cost just motor.

Pipe full or slip on range from $600 to $1000+

Air box can be a freeBe mod, if riding off road that might not be the best but if we are talking budget then it can be done but i spent $70 with shipping.

"Power up $50" and JD tuner $216 Shipped Or if preference is PCV&AT its gonna run upwards of $600

my Totals are $678 spent for motor mods. i got out pretty cheap for motor lucked out on the pipe for the most part. now add Pegs $120, hand guards $230, Seat Concepts $220 with install uptite skid plate $200 that puts me right about $1448 without any tire change for dirt riding or other little odds and ends. but after adding the other items i would be well in the $1500 dollar range. and that on the cheap side

Now lets add up some more normal prices

Leo pipe $900+ on the low end
    JD $216 or PCV+AT $500 low end pricing but let stick to the JD for this comparison
    Air box, $Free
    Rear Rack $200
    sprocket $40
    Hand guard kit HDB $220 or Acerbis around $160
    pegs $120-200 for a aftermarket set. 510 ones look a bit nicer then stock, i wish they came on the 630 im sure these can be bought for not a lot of money as a cheap alternative im just not sure on how much
    good dirt tire $80-190 rear $80-150 Front
    Seat $220
    Skid Plate $200

ok so adding up some of this stuff and using the LOWEST number i have listed there comes to $2216 and i would think its safe to say that some people could truly get away with (Get bike $8999 msrp, PU kit $50 RIDE) now i would hope that most can agree that a lot of people only bought this bike this year because of the sale right $5999 cause $8999msrp simply...is a joke. ok so i hope the people that did buy it at this price actually had the dealer give them a discount down to 8or at least $7500. i guess what im getting at is im sure with all bike of every type, not most leave them stock so u r gonna spend extra $$ to make them run better. BUT when a bike TE-SMS630 comes along claiming to have 20% more power then the previous model then pretty much completely fails to provided that in the real world unless u are willing to dump money into it(not saying that most would not do this anyways) is pretty much bs and probably one of the biggest complaints of the bike to date.

Break Down, High end all out kinnda deal and i have seen a few online that have spent this
    $8500 dealer MSRP TE630 wont include tax title
    $3000 with all, tires mods, suspension, PCV dyno time and tune. (close estimate)

yikes 11,500 on a dirt bike without tax title

what i spent being the cheap bastard i am :)
    $6700 with tax title
    $1448 with out tires and few other items
    =$8148

and how about my pals (masteR Fast1) on sale
    Bike $6700
    pipe $900
    JD $216
    HDB $240
    Skidplate $220
    rear rack $190ish
    pegs $150
    pu $50
    =$8666.00 est.

cheapest
    Bike $6700 sale
    gut cats free/time, PU kit $50, drill holes in air box, RIDE away from all rocks
    =$6750

Lets say average mods with bike on sale is around 8k

ok so what dose all this really mean..nothing really got to pay to play right, but from a comparison stand point i walked into a dealer in 2008 and picked up my Zuk 2008 1300R hayabusa brand new for $9700 on sale Msrp at time was 11,900 and normally sold for 10,900.
    with EXT and tune was a little over $1000 and it made 191RWHP

now how the hell are these two bikes not super far apart in price???? seems as tho these Dirt bikes u can ride on the road are just a terrific rip off in comparison to other types of motorcycles. for most people burning money as kindle to make a camp fire is not really a great idea i would think. $1000 dollars for a fucking dirt bike muffler(s) !! =s TOTAL BULLSHIT!!

But i must admit i own this bike and considered the $8148 of my money spent because it is at the limit for me personally being justifiable :cheers:

Cause it is really really really damn fun bike IMHO ;)
    tspoon likes this.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Hey, I paid full MSRP for mine, how do you think I feel? :)

It's the price to pay to be one of the first to have one I guess!
    tspoon likes this.
  6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

hey Stang..
    I don't think this old bike of yours

[IMG]

Would get you where you are here in these pics..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Jesse,

You should meet up with Stang and I next spring for a ride..
  8. StangSlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

Very True. But thats not what a company should base the price off of. i mean i don't think they did but 9g for a te630 with half the technology that this bike has above if not all sport bikes is hard to come to terms with.

oh gosh look at my old girl, all stock and brand new did not even have the refectories off yet. hehe since 2008 when i bought it till today iv only rode the Busa 4900 miles lol, there is a lot of 1/4 miles on that tab tho :cheers:

I bought my TE630 June 27th 2011 i have 3930miles on it as of today. now that dose say a little something...

but really look at the bikes as a whole, Motor, frame, wheels, brakes, fuel injection system, tranny, there is just so much more that went into the Busa or even any sport bike for the most part, shoot the 1300R is one of the most expensive jap sport bikes there is.

IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1027.JPG

And yeah there is something i must admit 35k and 750hp and these are the coolest pics this ever got me...a gas station pump,,,i probably blew up the 3500 dollar tranny AGAIN or something... not to worry a tow truck(Nate) YES i know him by name is probably on the way he started giving me a discount if i payed him cash only $80 a tow to my garage...I know all to well how to burn money for kindle...;)
  9. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

I start off much slower, just under 40 mph in 4th. At 35 mph its takes a good lil bounce to help loft the wheel, but at 40-45mph not so much. I baby my clutch and never use it to help a wheelie. I can usually carry the wheel up to 60-65mph, somethin like 68 or so if I realy wanna rev it, (8100 lol "rev") in 4th and about 75-82 if Im lucky enough to click 5th while still lofted. All with either 15-47 or 14-45 for gearing and anything from 110-140 rear tires, usually a 120-130 though.
    Maybe my 610 is a lil strong. Maybe that means she wont last more than her current 13k miles. Times will tell, so far so good. :-)
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ALL bike manufacturers who make and sell street legal bikes HAVE TO conform to national and international regulations. And this is especially restrictive to the manufacturers of performance bikes like Husqvarna. This means that owners of these bikes are left to discretely (and usually illegally) modify their bikes to conform as far as is possible with the latest competition models. Most makes offer the means to modify in their "special parts" lists and these parts are expensive. It´s no use whingeing. Either you choose to buy the bike and modify. Or you don´t. Personally, I´m grateful to Husqvara for providing me with the opportunity. Maybe this´ll be the last bike that I´ll be able to mod when all the latest Euro regulations come into force (I see that Husky is only offering the 630 in its non-street-legal enduro form for 2012 and Husaberg has scrubbed its street legal 570).
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    You know, that might actually be doable!
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I bought one of those EHS pre filters, opting for the red frame and a black filter, with button head bolts. They sent me the cap bolts. I sent them an email and haven't gotten a response.
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got the EHS frame & filter as I didn´t want to open the airbox without adequate water protection. Am getting the button head bolts locally.Could look better but it functions perfectly (together with the JD re-set jetting).
  14. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    I've tried ordering one from their website but want the black plate and button cap bolts, which is not the default for the kit. When I tick these options using the customize button it doesn't register the slightly higher cost and the cart defaults back to the aluminum plate and cap bolts. Did you have this problem?
  15. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Nope. My receipt shows exactly what I ordered. The red plate and button cap bolts. I received the red plate and standard cap bolts. Here it is:

[IMG]

Here's the receipt:

2011-10-21_073007.jpg
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    They just emailed me back and are sending me the correct bolts at no charge.
  17. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    I like the red plate :thumbsup:
  18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Thanks. I thought it was a nice touch. I thought about getting a red filter element too, but thought it might be a bit much.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Did anyone else's filter smell strongly of campfire when they took it out of the box?
  20. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm not putting mine in until I dump some water on it and see what happens. How the heck this thing blocks water and flows air as well as it does is beyond me.