610 Weird Turn Signal Behaviour

Discussion in '610/630' started by Shea, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Shea Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    Hey all, looking for help diagnosing this weird turn signal pattern as seen in this video. Anybody run into this before? Gotta love electrical stuff :)

View: https://youtu.be/BukJAmHiarg

Facts:
    - LED lights all around.
    - Everything was working fine before.
    - Just rebuilt the engine as a transmission bushing let go.
    - After reassembly, the signals themselves were working fine (hyper flashing due to the LED's, but it was doing that before, and I was fine with it, it was not this weird pattern) But i don't see why this would change anything as it was just unplugging and re-plugging connectors.
    - Turn signal indicator on dash never worked after reassembly.
    - Over about 2-3 months of riding, they would intermittently not work at all. With some wiggling of the wires behind the headlight, they would either flash weird or stay on solid at around half brightness.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, I'm definitely not familiar with the ins and outs of the electrical system on these.

Thanks!!
  2. Shea Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    Update just to close this off. Replaced the turn signal relay with an LED one to eliminate hyperflashing off amazon. Works fine now.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. Palmer Woods Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200, 1979 Yamaha DT 250F
    Hey man do you have the link to the relay that you bought and do you remember if the old relay you replaced was a T 111. I’m running into the same issue except mine are hyperflashing way faster.
  4. Shea Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600