610 TPS problem?

Discussion in '610/630' started by nickterc, Jan 8, 2017.

1. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Hi guys,heres the issue.My 08 TE 610 after about 5 minutes riding and after reaching operating temperature starts to cough at low rpms and hesitate and choke if i twist the throttle heavily.I have the neutral blinking on the dashboard,but besides the sumptoms described adove nothing else.The bike fires up in the morning immediately, runs great at high rpms and idles steadily

.Changed the temp sensor too but no luck.Any thoughts?Thank you for reading!!
  2. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 KTM XC250, 1974 Vespa Rally
    Not an expert here, but I believe the blinking neutral light indicates a fault, you would need an iBeat cable/software to diagnose yourself. My first guess would be TPS.

A couple things to check:
    - Check your enrichener cable route, and that there is slack (small cable from the 'decomp' lever next to clutch. Sometimes the cable will pull tight or get caught on something. Happened to me and I couldn't figure out why it was running so bad.
    - Spark plug cable and plug condition
    - Adjust idle screw
  3. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    You should definately plug it in iBeat.
    It can be multiple things:
    -MAQS (modularized air quantity sensor - manifold pressure, temp etc.)
    -TPS (as you mentioned, its one unit with the MAQS, yamaha 125 bikes have the same unit)
    -Water temp. sensor (you ruled it out)
    -O2 sensor
    -Injector fault
    The iBeat software should tell you what it is.

One more thing: have you ridden in wet weather recently? If so, dry the plugs going into the tps/MAQS.
  4. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Thank you for the replies guys!!The O2 sensor is removed it has the pu kit installed.Could the resistor of the pu gone fubar?Or maybe check the wires going to the water temp sensor
    ?I should get a reading of 5 volts signal reading right?The odd think is it runs great for the first 5 minutes or so and when it reaches norm operating temp starts the mambo jumbo
  5. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Sounds like things are fine until the temp sensor tells the ecu that the bike is warm enough to leave the cold start/open loop mode. At that point a sensor somewhere is then reporting bad info. I'd pull the PU plug and measure the ohms.

Even if it's difficult, finding a way to hook up to iBeat may save you time/money in the long run.

6. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Thats about my guess too!Next think is pulling the PU and checking it.It should read2.2 ohms right?
  7. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    So an update.I managed to make my homemade cable and the ibeat software according to the ibeat thread.(Thank you guys for sharing the knowlegde).Plugged the bike and the fail was ''TPS Low value''.It was recorded many times to the fail history.I also calibrated the TPS that was off,that helped with the start up of the bike when hot(Before the calibration i had to pull the enricher lever all the time)Also pulled and checked the MAQS but it was clear and good as new. I hope setting the TPS right will fix the problem i had.Any thoughts are welcome!
  8. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    The bike runs way better now.BUT randomly i have again the same symptoms.Its sporadic,ex if you ride the bike 5 times you might have the problem 1 or 2 times maybe.I cleaned the tps again with contact cleaner but no luck.According to the wiring diagram the orange black wire from the tps connector is the one that give the reading(signal)to the ecu.Does anyone knows if it is safe to measure the continuity of this cable since it connects directly to the ecu.I dont want to frie anything!