610 Spares

Discussion in '610/630' started by huskyte610e, Mar 19, 2009.

1. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm doing the Australian Safari ( www.australiansafari.com.au ) later this year on a 2007 TE-610, and am after some reccomendations on spares to take.

I've spoken with some local dealers, and they have had little exposure to the 610, and even then, only with Dual Sport / Trail Riding applications, as opposed to Desert Racing, and consequently have no idea on spares. :doh:

I've spoken with the Australian distributor, and they think the bike is great, and assured me that the bike would be fine for the event, but still could not reccommend any spares. :banghead:

So, what I'm after, is some tips on a few 'Key' parts that i should consider taking as spares as 'just in case'.
    ie: rectifier, carb, rad hoses etc. :confused:

My current list is loosely:
    - Oil Filters
    - Air Filters
    - Clutch Cable
    - Throttle Cable
    - Levers & Perch's
    - Bars
    - Tyres / Rims / Tubes

Anyone have some ideas?
  2. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Gudday!!!

You bloody beauty!! I'd so love to do something like that. You doing the Condo 750 at Easter?

I've got a 2006 610.. You seem to have covered the obvious parts. Just some ideas..

Umm some sort of temp coolant hose?
    A complete spare set of wheels?
    Chain and sprockets?

Re-route the carb vent hoses to somewhere high..

I dropped mine briefly on a causeway and I was stunned by how easily it drowned itself. I've found the aifilter and arrangement to be the weakest part of the bike and have modded mine like the super motard boys do. That is piss off the factory thing and replace with a Unifilter pod and pre sock cleaner. You can leave the airbox in place to hold the side cover. I'd look at buying 4 or so pre socks, keep 'em in a snap lock bag for quick airfilter cleans in the intense dust?? Unifilter Up6065a and UP6STR from unifilter.com.au It also allows you a tiny bit higher air intake..

Also, I'm guessing you have already braced the battery box holder bracket thing? Mine cracked at just 1000k's....

Spare set of spokes?
    Spare set of sprocket bolts/nuts and brake rotor bolts.... don't ask how I know... I tried to use non genuine...
    [IMG]

Spare fork seals. A must.
    Spare wheel bearings front and rear
    Spare steering head bearings. I've cased out hard enough on another bike to notch the bearings once..
    I look at where the front brake hose and speedo sensor cable go into the caliper and that looks SO vunerable!! Have you come up with a way to protect 'em?
    Maybe a spare front brake hose?
    Spare fuel line.
    Spare rear subframe?? Man that thing is light. Its been essentially the same design for about 15 years.
    Spare Bark busters?
    Spare ecu black box and spare reg/rectifier??
    Spare battery??
    Might be worth putting the kick starter in, just in case??

Go absolute crazy with safety wire and safety everything ESPECIALLY those bloody footpeg brackets!

Do we get to see pics of the prepped up bike? Would love to see how you set up the road book/ico fuel etc. I'm in Brisbane and would happily help out if you'd like.

Best of luck!! PLEASE keep us informed. I feel a bike build up thread coming on!
    Regards
    FBC
  3. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes, and Yes.

Will take some photos over the weekend.
    Not quite complete yet, but close enough for the 750
    :D
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great reading your plans. :thumbsup:

I sent in my Letter of Intent for the event just last week. Its not a sure thing for me, depends on work stuff and logistics. Also a 610. Educate me on whats needed!

Pics!

What kind of set up for the road book, lights, fairing, ICO, etc?
  5. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Hey Mike,

The USD to AUD exchange rate is SO in your favour.. You'd be nuts not just to buy a 610 over here.. The dealers can't get rid of them and it's a buyers market.
    Want me to flick you some links with 610's for sale? Just PM me with a email addy if you like.
    FBC
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the offer, i want to take my bike if possible, its got the good stuff on it. But yeah its a good backup plan.

Would be great to see a few 610's out there.
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would take extra woodruff key. I sheared mine, and its a 'known' issue. Extra shift lever, break lever cant hurt. I always carry jumper cables. Extra fuses.

Preventitive Stuff :
    1) The rear brake line rubs the motor, and can wear thru. Put some flexible hose around it, and keep an eye on it.
    2) Re-torque the nut on the counterbalancer, some (mine included) came loose.
    3) Raise the handlbars for standing up, adding a longer clutch cable.
    4) Check clutch cable entry at the motor, make sure it lines up to prevent premature wear.
    5) Replace plastic fittings with brass fittings if using the stock tank. (FI models)
    6) Replace battery with a Yuasa or Odyssey model, secure the battery and battery box.

Just some ideas. Im sure there are more. You probably know all this stuff. Im trying to learn the 610 issues too. :thumbsup:
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

Based on what "fatboycrash" has posted... I would talk him into taking his entire bike and rob parts from his bike as needed - then replace those parts with new after the race :thumbsup:

Money or much beer to compensate fatboycrash :cheers:
  9. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Don't worry! It's crossed my mind.... It's just the money thing.... :D
  10. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Where's the pics??? :-)
  11. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

hang on, hang on.

Just waiting for a few more bits.

- Scotts Steering Damper
    - New Rear Guard

NOTE: The 610 guard is different to the other Husky ones :confused:
  12. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Gudday!!
    Yeah, the guard is different. But all is not lost! I got a guard for my 06 from Stef at R and D (the LED brake light one) and all you need to do is trim off the excess from the front. The 610 has the battery where the other Huskys have the airbox (well compared to my 360) so it's no biggy.
    Also, I've had my battery mount thingme reinforced with some gussets by the local alloy welder bloke. Only 1500k's and they were already cracked... Want some pics?? I'll swap ya! :D:D
    FBC
  13. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

This is it,
    but i'm away between now and Condo, so no more prep.

Will start a build report after condo.

[IMG]
  14. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Thanks Mate!
    I'm REALLY keen to see how you mount the scotts damper. I'm thinking that K. Rudds little payment may finance mine.......:thumbsup:
  15. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

great looking bike!

I would be keen to see a pic of how that road book is mounted.

What kind of tires are those?

Consider cutting those vent hoses, and if ya dont have a carb vent filter system, that might be a good addition.

Are those jumber cables stashed behind the front light? Is that light the glass UFO light with a 55 watt bulb?

Have you considered adding the '08 higher output stator?
  16. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Rightio then!
    How'd you go in the Condo???
    Show us your damper mount???
    Pics?? :):):)