610 plug question

Discussion in '610/630' started by jerbear610, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    The manual states the spark plug gap at
    0.022 % 0.026 . (The % sign is actually a division sign
    in the manual but my keyboard doesn't have that so
    imagine the % straight up)
    Does that mean the gap can be anywhere between
    .022 and .026 ?
    Also has anyone tried a Denso Iridium plug instead of
    the NGK CPR8E any thoughts on Iridium plugs vs regular ? Better... worse ?
    Thanks, Jerry
  2. Baritone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several
    Been struggling with jetting on my 06 610TE. After 5 or 6 changes it was as good as I could get it and it is now pretty good. Last change was to an irridium and that has also helped. Still have a bit of a flat spot/miss off the idle jet but it's WAY better. You can't loose by trying one...except a few extra bucks.:thumbsup:
  3. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I've got an 06' TE610 as well. A Leo Vince X3 muffler along with
    a JD jet kit, red needle, 175 main, needle four from top,45 pilot
    seems to be the winning combination for mine. Also a Zip Tie fuel
    screw. Any aftermarket fuel mixture screw is a must for getting it
    dialed in. Good luck, you'll get her dialed in eventually and once
    you do she'll purr like a kitten. Jerry
  4. For posterity's sake (i.e, search engine) I thought I'd add a tidbit of data....

The "P" in NGK's model number indicates that it's a projected tip spark plug. When laid (or layed....never can rememember) side by side with a standard spark plug of the same root nomenclature, you'll notice that the "P" model is in fact slightly longer.

I'm not sure of NGK's original objectives but what I can confirm is that the projected tip spark plugs have been used to cure the surging/stalling/stumbling/hunting issues of European fuel-injected bikes which are mapped notoriously lean in idle and near idle injection conditions (namely, BMW's F650GS model and the new KTM 990s). The projected tip essentially puts the spark further south in the cylinder (in the atomized fuel & air) thereby ensuring a more even detonation.

This plug along with a throttle tube with an improved cam action have been the solution for a lot of folks in smoothing out the throttle response on lean Euro bikes.
  5. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

So whats the plugs model number, CPR8E ?
  6. Hey, what's up Fritz? How's that sharp 2d gen TE610 treating you?

Although I was shocked to see your bike delivered instead of mine when I walked into Letko in Kansas City to pick up my new TE610, there's no doubt I had to stop and admire the bike you got. She's SHARP !!

Yep, CPR8E is the number I've got in my '06 manual. Not sure about other years.

Cheers, brother :cheers: .
  7. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, I owe you a late thanks for the heads up. It took me a while to figure out that my bike was in Kansas. When I figured it out I called the trucker, he said delivery was delayed another week or so because he had to turn around and pick up his wallet that he left somewhere. Alls well that ends well I guess.
    I have not been riding lately because of a condition in my left hand that goes under the knife this Thursday. But I can wrench pretty good with three fingers on old lefty.
    The bike is great. After cleanning nine years of chain lube off the thing it looked new. Installing LED turn lights as we speak. Have re-jetted the carb. to near good, but still some part throttle miss. I will give this plug a try. Have steadly been pecking away at the routine service issues and learning the bike. Thanks again for the plug info and the bike locator info. And I can't pass up a photo op.:
    [IMG]