610 Lectron installed and tested.

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Big thanks to Steve (xcuvator) for dragging his carbureted 610 over today for some install and testing. We tried once before with good results but needed some fine tuning. The carb size wise drops right on where the stock carb was, zero issues and looks small in comparison to the FCR it replaces. We also changed out the throttle to the single pull and new cable. Cable was way to long but works and is being addressed. Steve has a lot of extras on his bike so the install took longer than usual as we had to pull the big tank with 5, yes 5 hoses off, hand guards, all sorts of goodies. That said the actual carb install was super simple. Slapped it all back together, hit the starter button and boom, she lights right off. Adjusted the idle and took it for a ride. Runs great. smooth and snappy, no bog, idles well. We were getting some black smoke cracking the throttle while just sitting there so we leaned the rod out some. It took care of this but I think we went to far and it needs richened up some as it has a very slight bog and some popping now. The additional air bleed screw works and you can for sure make it leaner at idle with this adjustor. We got it to run very good with several combinations of rod setting, air screw setting and idles settings. Seemed EZ to tune to me and several variables to play with. I really think it came setup almost perfect and we actually made it slightly worse although still quite acceptable and ridable. We probably should have left it as shipped and just leaned it out with the air screw but wanted to play with it some. I think we are at 3/4 leaner on the rod and i bet 1/4 - 1/2 turn is all it needed. The cool thing is you can manipulate it EZ with the air screw and idle adjustment.

So... I feel it is very good. Bike ran nice, no holes or flat spots. Steve is going to play with it some more but it is right there. His bike has a open muffler and was no issue. Will work up pricing on the final assembly and let people know whom are interested.

thanks

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Very EZ to get to the air screw, idle and choke as configured even with the big IMS tank. The rod was EZ to as you can just rotate the carb and pull the slide out without removing the carb.

[IMG]

Simple single pull throttle...

[IMG]
    Ruffus likes this.
  2. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 WR250F, 01 YZ250 2t, 98 VTR1000
    Would it fit a 93 model?
  3. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

How much of a difference to the FCR?
    Is throttle reaction cleaner? Better mpg's?
    Better lugging ability? Better topend?

I'm hoping it does the same for the 4 strokes as it did for the 2's.
  4. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Good to hear it's almost perfect. Can't wait to see the ride report and comparo to how it used to be....
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We just slapped it on and rode it around and messed with the jetting for fun. Had several combinations that seemed to work fine. There was a slight idle hang once in a while but other than that ran out very good. It is not my bike so Steve will have to report back after he gets some miles on it. It did seem to run very nice, pulled good everywhere, no flat spots, bogs just smooth power. MPG will be interesting to see over time.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I would need dimensions of your stock carb to mimic but I don't see why not. This should be a great mod for older Delorto or other carb older 4 stroke bikes.
  7. Oklahoma Rider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 te 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I'm seriously considering one of these this winter. My stock 06 has a dead spot from hell just off idle, unless you baby it. Try to jump on the gas and it will all but die. Likewise can't leave the fuel turned on with the bike off or it fills the engine. I think thelectron will fix all my problems.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Check to make sure your slide and needle are not worn out. Sounds like the issue.
  9. Oklahoma Rider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 te 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I will check them but the bike has less than 700 miles on it so I'm not sure what is going on with it. Thanks
  10. g.mccormick Husqvarna
    A Class

This is off topic, but what radiator guards are on this 610??
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes

Those would be 7602.
    They are really well made and may fit other models very well but didn't fit my 610. I had to cut the bottom cross brace out loosing a much of the strength. I would have returned them before I cut them but had already sent to get them anodized black because I made the mistake of not checking the fit. So I couldn't use the really well made extra billet screens either. It's my fault because like my Pop used to say "look before you leap" :)
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    How has the long term test gone with the Lectron on the 610? I have a friend with a '07 TE 610 with all the goodies that is getting low mpg with his stock carb. Could the Lectron be the golden ticket for the 610? Has the single pull long throttle cable issue you mentioned been worked out?
    CrankN likes this.