1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

6000 mile / 210 hr Valve Lash check

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Fast1, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Checked the valve lash today after 6000 miles and 210 hours on my 08 TE 510.

I haven't had to make any adjustments in any previous checks and today I found:

intake loose .004 both sides
    exhaust .007 both sides

All within spec again and providing a good reputation for Husky's durability.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool. :thumbsup:

- intake loose .004 both sides

Are you saying the valves were .004 our spec or ??? Usually they tighten not loosen.
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    That's awsome.:thumbsup:
    It just amazes me how little maintenance these engine have on them
    As long as you change oil at regular intervals.
    How many tires have you gone though?:D
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I inserted the .005 feeler guage I could almost push it in and the .004 feeler guage was not real tight fitting. So I'd say my intakes were at .0045.

Spec on the intake is .004-.006 and yes since my last check at 3500 they have tightened slightly.. about is .001. Exhaust have not changed since my first check at 500 miles.

Also I did the check at 20 degree F... Was cold here in MN today.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

To top it off I'd say at least 1000 miles have been on the pavement, some of which were at 70 mph.

4 Michelin Enduro rear tires (1 still on and 1/2 worn), 1 S12 (1/2 worn) and 1 MT21.

2 Michelin Enduro fronts, 1 MT 21 front and 25% wear on a Michelin S12 front. I change out my fronts when 1/2 worn.

Right now I'm shopping for rear paddle tire for the dunes. Either a Skat Trak 10 paddle Viper or a Cheng Sing 10 paddle sand pro
    [IMG] ... Having a tough time since I can't find any feedback on Husky's and paddle tires.

Unless I find an alternative ride to take during New Years week I'll hit up Pink Coral, Dumont and Glamis. Thought about death valley or open for suggestions.

My tank side panels were also removed today. They had come loose a bit where the tank curves in, just about where your knees make contact. I guess too much haste pouring fuel from my 12 gallon Hunsaker fuel jug and dumping a bit every now and then. They were still intact and would not fall off but I wanted to re-attach them. Contemplating what to use for sticking them back on.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What is there to know? I almost never ride the dunes but did on my 04 and just tossed whatever large displacement paddle I could find on craigslist on there. Worked great.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Were you able to avoid having the rear mud guard be chewed apart by the paddle??

Everything I've read mentioned to remove it and use a shock cover.

How did the flat attachment work for you on the axle bolt?

I'm debating rear tire width and number of cups, have heard that 8 spins too easily in the soft sands of Glamis for a 510.

What size did you use?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The paddle destroyed the flap in about an hour. :D

Flat attachment worked OK but I ran a zip tie around the muffler to keep the flag from twisting and breaking it off like it did nearly instantly on my buddy's bike. (see second pic)

I don't remember the tire size but I thought the tire worked very well. That said it spun it fine and I would guess a 10 would be better.
  9. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Consider Saline Hot Springs west of Death Valley in the monument.
    For a real adventure go do the dunes at Altar south of Glamis in Mex.
    Visit Randsburg and the Husky monument.