510 SMR noob questions

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Zterp, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Zterp Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell 1125r
    I'm thinking about picking up a 2006 510 Smr. Its all stock and has 4100 miles. Judging by the online research I've done, maintenance seems like its critical for these bikes. It also seems like its really hard to find aftermarket parts. I have read that the TC and TE bikes are interchangeable with the SMR. I'd like to find a good exhaust system. Also, is there any common issues or sounds I need to look for? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Check valve adjustment if its hard starting. Bottom end bearings are kinda small. Pay attention to those as well as the top end. Frequent oil changes with good oil. I had an 07 with a Wiseco high compr piston, FBF 2 stage ignition module, Surflex slipper clutch, JD jet kit, FBF triple clamps, etc.
    It was a ripper!
  3. cjoecruz003 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SMR510
    Any aftermarket recommendations?
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    No just regular service and pay attention to the valves. Good oil and frequent changes is def a good thing too.
  5. cjoecruz003 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SMR510
    Oh I was talking about the bottom end bearings. Most people recommend George at up tite since he uses these German I believe bearings made by FAG for the crank cases. But as far as the con rod bearing I heard about people using a kawi KX250 big end bearing since it has more rollers.
  6. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thats interesting about the Kawi bearings. Never heard that