1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

500 Asch Pipe

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Husq.fleet, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

In comparing my two 83-up 500 pipes to which one to modify for my 82-500 project I made a great discovery. One is factory 83-500XC and the other is a Asch. I verified it alongside my 82-CR250's Asch pipe and my 82 430XC's Asch pipe and they appear to be the same builders work. So now I just need to do a little work on the rear cone and stinger to get it to work on the 82 chassis:thumbsup: Have pics to post tomm. Scott
  2. scoott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 Huskies from 1979 to 1987
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM's from 01 to 2010.
    Before you cut up the 83 Asch pipe, I would dearly love to measure it up to build a copy for my 83-84. Have you ever been to Eddieville, near Goldendale,WA.? They will be doing a 3 hr team race & Hammer& Tongs MX there May 22&23.Any way I could scmooze you to stop by there and let me measure the pipe?

Or could you take pics& Measurements?\\

Scott
  3. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scott, sorry to say I have already modified it to fit the 82. I have been wanting to go to Goldendale and have heard great things about it. I am planning to go to the HT in May- spectator though. If I go for sure I would be more than happy to bring it with me so your more than welcome to copy it. I can say that it isnt a whole lot different than the stocker and is the same basic measurements as the Asch on my 82 CR250. Look at my pics on the vintage restorations thread and there is a few pics of it. The only changes I had to make was to the rear cone tipping it inward to meet the 82 stinger. I do have some side by side comparision pics also. Again, sorry its modified but I had no plans on putting the 83 500xc back together as I prefer the 82 chassis better. Scott W.