449/511 Skid Plates

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by motosportz mike, Aug 31, 2012.

1. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

Just thought I would let the cafe husky people know we now have the 449/511 skid plates in stock for all of the models TE/TC/TXC/SM, 2011 and 2012s. The price is just 99.95 (plus shipping) and I will be including a free oil filter (of course for the 449/511) with purchase for a limited time. Please contact me (motosportz mike) for this offer or any details . Here are a couple of pics on my bike.

Attached Files:

Tinken likes this.
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What is the material, thickness, coating and mounting?
  3. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

The skid plate is made from .160 aluminum, clear anodized, and mounts with u clamps.
  4. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    Thanks for the skidplate, Mike.
    Good skid plate for the money.
    It's a bit of a pain in the ass to install with six u-clamps, but not as bad as I thought it might be.
    Once on there it is very solid.
    Haven't had it off yet, but the clamps might stay in place and make the second time easier.
    [IMG]
  5. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
  6. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Very nice, thanks for the lovely pictures Fasteer. I purchased one as well a couple of weeks ago. The skid plate is well made, most are only welded on one side, but this one is welded on both sides. :thumbsup: The hardware looks nice, I was wondering how difficult the install would be. I did look around and found different bolts to replace the Ricochet ones which would work fine. I found some robust Suzuki stainless foot peg bolts #09106-08167, which are the same height as the originals with washers, but larger in diameter. This weekend, I was out at the desert races in Barstow, CA, talking to a couple of the ktm pros and they all use grade eight hex heads. I asked if they would tear them off or round them over? I was told the bolts are hardened and would not be damaged. I'll probably just run my ss bolts.

Putting on the skid plate was a complete pain in the ass. The way I did it was to attach all four lower clamps, adjust the plate around and then tighten the two furthest down. Then work your way up tightening the next two. The last two (six in total) can then be held in place and torqued down. Over all, the skid plate felt heavy duty and protects the starter, though I would like to of had a little more material over the clutch cover. Also, an additional hole needs to be drilled in order to get a wrench up to loosen/adjust the shift lever. Brake snakes are a absolute must on these machines and the skid plate makes an awesome drill point.

I may try to tack weld the u-bolts carefully to my frame to ease with removal/re-install

Attached Files:

8. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

Tinken likes this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Got mine yesterday with some other goodies. Its time for an oil change then a bath (Husky not me its not Sunday) then I'll wrestle that thing on. Its beefy to say the least, luckily I have a Harley so the torx tools are on hand. If I didn't already have the sockets I would be swapping bolts, but I like the clean round heads for sure!

Then if I have time, the sexy rear rotor guard is next.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok all ready to ride. The skid plate took about 30 min to install. I hung the plate off the front frame tubes loosely then positioned the rest of the mounts and held them in place with masking tape. The sexy rear rotor guard took about 10 mins. That's all for now, gotta get it dirty now...

IMAG0893.jpg IMAG0894.jpg
    Tinken likes this.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I've had good luck with mine so far, no rattles. I did destroy the anodizing on mine from using too harsh of a detergent, hopefully I can fix it. Plate adds a little weight, but it lowers the center of gravity.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I went for a 70 mile ride yesterday and it stayed in place nicely. Didn't do any stump sliding or rock bashing, but it did a real nice job of keeping the mud off the engine. I think it does a great job of further strengthening the lower frame cradle. I wonder how well the mounting clamps will stay in position after being on for a while.

If I were a better welder I would tack them on, but perhaps a little dab of epoxy would do the trick.

By the way, Mike was great to work with and my order arrived in two days. Saturday I worked on the bike and yesterday I was pulling power wheelies in the super tacky. Thanks Motosportz!
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I was considering welding/epoxy too. JB weld is probably the better choice.
    fasteer likes this.