1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

411. TE battery to seat problem.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by XLEnduroMan, Jun 14, 2009.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I went to remove my seat last night and it seamed stuck. It just wouldn't go. I finally got it but I was bummed at what I saw. There was a small hole in the top front of my battery, about an 1/8 x 1/4 inch. That piece was basically welded to the under side of my seat. :eek: The rubber pad on the seat pan pushes down on the battery from it's top. The top front of the battery makes plastic to plastic contact and this is not good. I imagine/hope warranty will cover it. I see something needs to be put in that space between the seat and battery. A small piece of an old inner tube, some thin a/c sealing foam tape, something that is thin and will stop the plastic to plastic contact. I think I will cut an old tube and sleeve it over the entire battery as the back and bottom of the battery have contact with the fender. That and some tip-ties should be good.

I just called Batteries Plus. Their brand is $75.99, Yuasa is $89.99.

Put some protection on your batteries. Don't weld you seat to your battery like mine. :cry:

I intend to edit with pics later.
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Take a look at the turntech lithium batteries. They're smaller and will crank that engine over just fine. I picked up the 5 AH one for 130.00. Sounds pricey but is 3 lb lighter and much smaller. Seat to battery wearing issues are not new with the 08's but I'm disappointed there wasn't something done about this for the 09's.
  3. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

That sounds pretty sweet, but don't the LI batteries have a problem with blowing up? I mean if a cell phone battery can kill a man...I'd like to know what you think of it after an extended period of time. If it weighs that much less, it would definitely be worth the money.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    No.