4 Day Ride - GA, TN, KY

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Jhunter, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

At least once a year I try to organize a few guys for a 3-4 day ride. Time to cut off the work junk! No emails, No conference calls and No text messages. Just the sound of a few 2-strokes and the smell of premix as we carve up some awesome east coast single track!

Last weeks trip started on Wednesday at Highland Park in Cedartown Georgia. Tuesday we rode the private single track that's off the map at Coal Creek in Oak Ridge TN (Knoxville). Friday was the RedBird Crest Trail in the Daniel Boone Forest (Essie, KY). Saturday we joined 2 friends in Liberty KY to ride 2,000 acres of private single track.

As my college son says 'It Was Epic'. It was probably our best trip to date (10 years).

Awesome Trip and the details are too extensive to list. Bottom line, get out and enjoy riding while you can :thumbsup:

Photos below.

Here's my buddy Kents Blog: http://annessky.net/blog/
    bigjon likes this.
  2. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Looks like great fun was had by all. That's something to study on. Out here in Cali we've got tons of open terrain. Back there got really need to plan ahead to use the epic stuff. While it's hard to live here it's easy to ride here. Seems like the other way around in the land of the free
  4. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Noobee - You're correct, there are very few places where we can ride on National Forest property. Most of the great single track is in private riding clubs that lease land or on private property. Other than that, we're stuck running Hare Scrambles & Enduro races. At this point in my life, I'm over banging bars with 20 year olds that have no fear (and no job) - LOL.
    bigjon likes this.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Wow the ST looks great and the views are super. Tks for sharing mate.
  6. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this was my last post in October 2015 - Wow how time flys!

Well, a lot has happened since then. Nothing bad but a lot of things that have kept me off the bike. (two job changes, kids graduating HS & College, a house move, a few medical procedures, and then all the kids activities...)

So now its time to do a top end on the WR250 and update all my plastic and graphics - TIME TO RIDE :thumbsup:
    Huskynoobee likes this.