1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 360 gear compatibility

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Tzedz, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Is it possible to fit 1996 250 6 speed gear shafts.seletor forks,and selector drum into my 1992 360 cases. Some parts are unavailable,the ones that are,are very expensive
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    as I recall all the 6 speeds are interchangeable
    there is a link on here that shows what is
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. phillip sanders Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    Yes straight swap. Almost. I did it not long ago. You need a Vernier to measure the length of the gear shafts, make sure the six speed measures the same as the 5. From memory there is a shim on the end of the (output) shaft that buts up to the case. I'll try and get the part number. In the manual this shim comes in various sizes specifically so you can tweak the shaft length outside end to outside end. I guess this is due to manufacture tolerances, you don't want it binding or any slop, so they can compensate with a shim.
  5. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 6 speed complete bottom end from a Husqvarna WR360 (sorry I don't remember the year).. Bought it to convert my 2007 Husqvarna WR250 from 5 speed to 6 speed.. Never did install it and sold my WR250.. It's pretty heavy and prefer not to ship (live Ontario, Canada).. But can if needed.. Cheers :)

Attached Files:

6. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

the crank any good?
  7. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Honestly I do not know because I bought the bottom end and never took it apart.. If I can check it while still in the cases please explain how to check and I will gladly do what I can.. Cheers
  8. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    since the only way to truly check it is dissasembly
    move the road around and see if you feel any play, side to side should be a little probably 1/8 to 1/4 max
    up and down like zero, if its the stock rod there are oil feed grooves you can see the needle bearings through, look at those
    there is another member looking for a complete bottom so as to not split cases
  9. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry for the delay replying.. Will try and get you an answer soon.. Have to find the bottom end hidden in the upper loft somewhere.. Cheers
  10. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hope this post doesn't break any rules.. If anyone is looking I have a almost complete WR250 engine as well.. Not to sound deceitful but I really do not know alot about it.. Bought it from a Cafe Husky inmate who also lives in Ontario, Canada.. He had a Husqvarna CR250 and bought this engine.. Had Rob Lang Off-Road (dealer in Ontario, Canada) do $1000.00 worth of work to it.. He sold the CR250 (now still rides a Wallybean WR165) so sold me the motor.. My plan was to install the WR360 6 speed into it but then sold both my 2006 and 2007 WR250.. Yes Canada has a few dummies (hehee).. Will try to get it from the upper loft also and make a proper "For Sale" listing.. Hope to get $800 for it.. Yes as invoice shows $1000 just for new bearings and gaskets and labour.. Don't really want to ship but??

Attached Files:

11. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    241.JPG 241.JPG My new/old 1996 six speed gear cluster,from a 250,praying it all goes into the cases easily.It seems that the first gear is now obsolete in the UK,the following gear with the dogs on it,is about 130 pounds plus vat
  12. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks good Tzedz
  13. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    How is it possible to get the clearences right with horizontal engine cases,and do you have that part number for the shim,cheers
  14. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

don't have a shop manual but guessing you assemble the cases and measure
  15. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

considering depreciation of our (US and Canada) dollars, the money that was spent to make the engine work, crank rebuild etc. don't feel bad about asking what was put into it
    fair is fair, I typically try to be fair in all my dealings and look at what I or someone is selling, giving away and gouging is for the other guy, personally speaking
    justintendo likes this.
  16. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Now i have the gears in the cases,does any body know the amount of end float for the main shaft and lay shafts,as i cannot find the information on any of the micro fiches.Also, cheers for the info above,makes interesting reading.
  17. phillip sanders Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    2premo likes this.