35% Tarriffs on Imports Hits Dirt Bike Industry with Devastating Consequences...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Johnrg, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Not one off road motorcycle manufacturer in America. Polaris/Indian poised if it has the goods but as of now we potentially have a devastating scenario for new dirt bikes moving forward if the new administration enacts this tarriff on motorcycles.

Thoughts? Will factories be built here to manufacture? Probably too expensive for the return IMO. May mean less people able to buy a new bike. Not to mention all parts, tires, etc...

Curious to see how this pans out. I was thinking of buying a new bike :-/
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It seems the motorcycle tariff is somehow connected to a beef tariff for the European bikes. Typical dumbass Washington crap.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess a wait and see to see who's analysis guides us forward or back. Too bad with the small European brands trying to claw back and get a foothold. Thaty beef thing stems back to 2009 from seeing those threads. I figure this is regardless... Just a call to tax everything coming in. Why we need an American Off Road Manufacturer. Indian should design 3 motors at Swissauto since they now own them. They developed the new Scout 750 motor and SA already has a 250 cart motor. Get them designed and build them in Minnesota and Wisconsin http://www.swissauto.com/e/firma/
    http://www.cycleworld.com/indian-mo...track-race-engine-exclusive-technical-preview

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tariffs-trade-analysis-20160724-snap-story.html
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK needs to step up too. Too bad they licensed the name to S&T Changwon.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    It is my understanding that the EU beef dispute could increase taxes on European motorcycles by up to 100%! That means that new Husky you have been eying could potentially cost you $20,000! Please take 2 minutes to fill out the attached form. It is a pre written statement from the AMA letting the trade commission know you oppose the tax.

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app...7a6z87L2_8azn_-8s768Jmqv-7BYgW0_1TfYQLKc&lp=0
    jack topper and Huskynoobee like this.
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Signed. Thanks for the link :thumbsup:
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is why if you live here in the USA you must join the AMA. The link above is sent to every member along with alerts about other important issues like E15 gasoline, fighting to keep riding areas open etc. You don't need to race to be a member, in fact most members don't race. But they act as our lobby in DC and the rest of the country. The Environazis have big money support behind their cries to stop our way of life. AMA is your voice, so get involved. Don't sit back and let others do the work for you.
    jack topper and Johnrg like this.
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just received my email notice this afternoon from the AMA. That this impacts scooter sales may mean more young people would sign so worth passing on.

I got a 3 yr membership when I did that Hare and Hound. Had not had a membership since 1983. Trump voiced support of increased Ethanol subsides and increased blends impact us all. Ducati owners warranties are void with over 10% blends. It's a no brainier to support the AMA now. As motorcyclists we need all the help we can get. Certain Memberships provides towing/roadside service as well so good to be a member.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  9. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Remember the 700cc Japanese bikes to get under the 750 limit. Maybe 505cc bikes are in the future for a lot of folks. It is hard to do business if the rules are shifting. Maybe they will re brand an electric free ride with the H.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  10. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Basically its a case of F___K of pollies around the world. They keep screwing up and we end up footing the bill. I usually dont get on my hobby horse but don't they get the message, and manage our economies properly.
    In the US case there is no real US dirt bike manufacturer who needs protecting. Just a grab for cash to be pissed against the wall.
    Come to Australia folks, we are f'ed as well but it could be a nice change for you with brilliant open spaces. Only 24 million of us with the same size as the lower 48.
    Huskynoobee and Dirtdame like this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    If they lifted the gun ban, you'd be up to your ears in Yanks.
  12. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Too many nasty snakes and spiders for me lol
  13. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    and sharks. But they are here too. I could move easy enough. Might happen now that the orange buffoon is in office.
  14. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Here you go, Johnrg. Didn't you know?
    0227b53b96c28998441c2dfde904eac4.jpg

You have nothing to worry about with those sharks.
    hillary-and-sharks-.jpg

The Boat captain is waiting to take you away.
    1394703939060_cached.jpg
    Captnemo and Kam1 like this.
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    As we Aussies say...you'll be right mate!!!

At least we don't have bears, coyotes, wolves and mountain lions...have heaps of deer and since their only natural predator in Australia is either Winchester or Remington, you all will have fun!!!:D