1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 300 Review

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MHPD143, Jul 13, 2009.

1. MHPD143 Husqvarna
    B Class

Let us start the review. Ok bit of background I just came off of a 2004 TC 450. , I loved that bike very reliable excellent power output and plenty of it. Now you are asking why I went back to a 2stroke. Well three reasons. First was weight she made a great desert bike but I just did the Idaho city 100 at the last E-gas I was wishing for the light weight of a two stroke. Second is the actual power; trail riding again the power was just great lots of throbbing torque and smooth. Nevertheless, I am but a mere mortal and trying to hold on to a 450-mx bike for a 100+-mountain race was one of the hardest things I have done. Third and final was that I cracked the case were I snapped off the case saver. Therefore, I took it to the local Husqvarna dealer in Boise the Monday after the race. Loyal the shop owner made me a deal I could not believe so I jumped at an 09 wr 300.
    Ok now for my first rides. Day one was a 7-mile course through the desert. On my 450 I could make two laps at my full speed before my arm pump started to show itself.(450 had Scott stabilizer) on the 300 by lap four I still had not developed my arm pump with no stabilizer. Power was almost electric very very smooth and lots of low-end grunt. I’m 195 without gear and the suspension is a little soft I know that is in direct conflict with what most people have said but to me it is soft and I bottomed it a few times. I did get into a few situations at speed that I did wish I had my Scotts set up but other than that I was starting to get that warm and fuzzy. don’t get me wrong she tracked well turned well and handled woops and the sand almost as well as the 450 this bike rocks did I mention how light it felt!

Day two 40 mile Danskin Mountains: holy #@%(*& why did I ever go to a 4-stroke? for the first time in a long time I was able to push myself the entire distance I felt like a hero power was awesome handling was awesome the suspension issues I had in the desert did not show itself.

Day three: A day that will live in infamy I’m not a Mixer my bike is not a MX bike but after the two previous days I was full of confidence. Well…… the first few laps went well actually better than well I was actually doing very well. Then on one of the rhythm, sections I came up short on a double saved it but whisky throttled it to the next double. Me and the bike shot strait up like a rocket knowing this was a bad thing I ejected in attempts to save the bike. Only problem was I did not think I was as hi as I was. The last thing I saw was the bike land on both wheels and ghost ride into the grass infield. Then I landed crushing my tibia plateau and smashing my right shoulder. So as I lay hear waiting for my third surgery I have to say I still have no regrets on the bike and cannot wait to try it again. Now if I can say that in the condition I am in there has to be something special about that bike.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Wow!:eek: Get well soon and leave MX to the MX'ers. Husky 2 strokes rule!:cheers:
  3. MHPD143 Husqvarna
    B Class

Oh yea I know it was totaly my fault for the crash not the bike:banghead:
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well the ride report was good reading up to the point where you parted ways with the bike. I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery.
  5. MHPD143 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thank you I get cut again on wed. Doc said i should make a full recovery
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very good to hear good luck.