1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2x 3 hundo 14 and 17

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Apr 1, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    TX300 and TE300
    TE will be for sale asap. I burned through 1 tank today carefully with no skid plate
    20170401_170141.jpg
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Congrats on the new bike! Surprised you lasted this long lol
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    going again tomorrow to carefully burn another tank--carefully (no skid plate with revised OEM chart jetting set up.
  4. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Congrats on a sweet ride! I'm really aching to get my hands on one of them tx3hundos but only time will tell. At this point it's a need more than a want ( at least I think so anyway). The cafe needs a full ride report!
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 days of riding. day 1 100% OEM, ran but was rich and with quite abit of spooge. day 2 went up 1 row and over on box 2.505k alt setting and 60-79 degree f setting. thing did not run for crap....I remebered my 2014 was similar and I noted the float height OEM was spec for mikuni pretty much parallel to the base of the carb I eyballed and dropped th float heigh @ 4 maybe 5mm thing runs good in some regimes great in otheres but for sure good overall.
    This makes me believe that most of the internet chatter about how messed up jetting is has to do with the float height being at the max height spec. anyway those who are struggling may want to do this. Also note when I tipped the bike to 45 deg the fuel was pouring out the overflow vent line......after the adjustment nothing. The AER forks are so freaking good from the box, My confidence is rightthere to slam and get over stuff with no worries unlike my initial 4CS dealing
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Congrats on the new bike! Do you remember what you went to? Did you change out the needle too? Or is that the next step up on the flow chart?
    I was leaning toward the tx for the air forks. Went with the te instead... I know everyone ive talked to is happy with the aer forks...
  7. jwdirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

First hour of riding. This is such a nice bike. EE hand guards, skid plate, pipe guard, cyrca hand guards and trail tech endurance. One of these days the EE rad braces and try and figure out how to get the linkage guard sorted out. Runs alright. Cut the airbox and tomorrow I'll see how it runs. I'd like to hear more on how to change the float level, if can give a guy a lesson. IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0946.JPG
    shawbagga likes this.
  8. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Fyi, rockymtn sells the ktm/ husky frame guards that go up higher on the frame. I like the acerbis ones ....
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I rode mine for the first time today. I had already set the jetting for my area according to the owner's manual + I had to move the clip up one position on the needle. That's it. Ran great. No need to cut the air box. Absolutely no need. Just spend the time to jet it right and its amazing. Note that the mikunis really seem to require you to get the air screw just right -- after getting the idle just up to what to me seems high. But it works. My friend, who knows the mikunis well, was saying "your idle is too low". And once I brought the idle up, then started to adjust the air screw, every thing fell into place. And the air screw seems to really have an impact on the overall responsiveness.
    I have the stock yellow spring in it and there is a hit, but it's progressive and controllable. Lugs so low, in fact, it's hard to call it lugging. It's kind of hard to explain, but even when you are in a way wrong gear it pulls through and you never get the feeling that it's going to go the other way and stall. I'll probably end up with the green spring for my area and my preference of trails which are mostly tight twisty single track.
    Still vibes a little but I guess it's not as bad as my WR300. Hard to say really.
    And I agree with Robert, the forks are freeking good.
    I did nothing to this bike other than adjust my levers at a slightly down angle, rotated the bar mounts to the forward position for more reach, and the ergos are near perfect.
    I put a moose carbon pipe guard on it, and a SXS slide plate. The SXS is some top-of-the-line stuff. Especially if you compare it to the hydes I've been using on my other bikes. The SXS mounting hardware is top notch.
    One thing that was bugging me today, however was that I kept missing the rear brake lever. The tip is tiny, and the lever itself seems kinda long. And me being fan footed doesn't help.
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im sticking with the manual chart so from the original spec I went up one altitude setting and went up one temp setting (leaner). by the book. but like I said I eyeballed the float which closed the valve when its parallel to the carb body and dropped so the valve closes earlier /lower fuel in the bowl.
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm also exactly by the book, but at my altitude. But I was still getting a mid range burble which raising the clip one position from the book got rid of.
    I also sent my 38mm lectron from my WR in to lectron to get the High Velocity mod done. It's still in the mail, but I'm not even sure it's worth it. Though I'm sure that any change of weather conditions will trip the mikuni up and have me singing a different tune about the lectron. At least that was my experience with the mikuni TMX on my WR.
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

That was my problem on the TE150, once I got the carb dialed the weather would change a little & I was back to square one... No regrets on my lectron!
  13. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    I dropped my float to close just slightly earlier. I'm gonna try
    440 mj
    73-43 2nd clip
    40pj
    adj a/s as needed
    I'm at 2200-5000'. Temps 70's - 90's
    Pepper likes this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I think Robert might be on to something. ZipTy got a brand new KTM 150 dropped off for some suspension work and bullet proofing. I just had to hear what it sounded like so I hit the button. After I shut it off, I left the gas on and it started dumping fuel out the overflow. The float level was obviously high for that to happen sitting on the side stand.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    James Dean AKA JD Jetting has documented this with photos and data. Yes they come high and with the fwd tilt of the carb the height is right at the level of the overflow standoff pipe. Go to JD Jetting and look at his photos. PS my 2014 TE300 with the Keihin was very high as well.