2nd Try-Terra Graphics

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I really want to get some graphics for the tank of my Terra similar to those on my TE630. See attached pic. My first try went nowhere but tomorrow I will call Decal Works to see if they can do it. They have a full on graphics department so I am sure they can, if they will. If anyone else likes the design please chime in. It would be good to know if it would be well received before I talk to them. image.jpg
    motozen and John_Belgium like this.
  2. John_Belgium Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800FI (still have)
    The standard graphics on a Strada or Terra are not very well done (actually they are quite ugly). Well I would like to have some more typical Husqvarna graphics read a nice design in the primary colors of Husky which are red, black and white. I am looking forward to anybody who has a nice design or idea especially if it is for sale for CH members.

I own a Strada and I already have a Terra / red set of sidepanels of a Terra ready in my garage especialy for this purpose.

Regards, John
    Moff69 likes this.
  3. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    Yup Kenneth count me in. I would like to do that too.
  4. Mike Friend Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    nycrider, teamkitty, jawjo and 3 others like this.
  5. John_Belgium Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hello friend Mike, I saw your decoration already before with the photoshop choise of the colors. I like your decoration, but maybe it can even get better. Let see what Kenneth comes up with. I am curious.

For sure you made the right side of the engine optically look much better. You made a cover over the terrible ugly thing between the sparkplug and the sprocket. I think you get a cover from a BMW engine or something. Do you know which cover i mean and what did you make it from and where could I buy that cover ?

Regards, John
  6. John_Belgium Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    There are now 2 threads in here about grafics. No problem I like them both., but it in this forum a moderator that put these 2 together ? I thought the name was coffee, but hell maybee I am wrong.

Well pictures are just pictures and I found a nice video of a huskie with the graphics like the first post:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqokpWP81F0

I just keep on wondering how clean his bike is and then he go off in the dirt. Enjoy.

Best Regards, John
  7. Mike Friend Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    For sure you made the right side of the engine optically look much better. You made a cover over the terrible ugly thing between the sparkplug and the sprocket. I think you get a cover from a BMW engine or something. Do you know which cover i mean and what did you make it from and where could I buy that cover ?

Regards, John[/quote]

Hi John, I bought a sprocket cover from BMW for the G650X model. It fits exactly the same as the TR650 standard one. It normally is black plastic but I used a rattle can to paint it the same color as the engine. I also painted the oil filter cover when I had it removed for an oil change.

I moved the voltage regulator to the front of the bash plate and then re-arranged the wiring so it would fit under the plastic cover, moved down to the position it was originally designed for.
  8. djustmie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none (yet)
    just bought my tr650 and i want to thank Mike Friend for his post and the included link.
    Makes the bike much , more uh hmm , better looking , or should i say , makes the bike
    more look like a real husky:)

Even after 2 years the link still works so i ordered the big H decals
    for a really small amount off money it give great effect (although on pics )