2nd Generation ZipTy Coolant

Discussion in 'Zip Ty Racing' started by River-Runner, Dec 28, 2016.

1. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    I want to use 2nd generation coolant in our 2 KTM 690's.

I've got two half gallons of the 2nd generation Zip Ty coolant on the shelf. I've also got 1 one-half gallon of the generation 1 ZipTy coolant on the shelf.

Tinken had once stated that one shouldn't mix any water with the Zip Ty coolant. I've got the one half gallon of generation 1 coolant to flush the cooling system of water based coolant on two bikes.

Can anyone at ZipTy give me some guidance on what level of water in the 2nd generation would be "bad?"
  2. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Does anyone know if one flush is enough to prepare for a nonwaterbased coolant in the 690 / 701?
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I never flushed. Just popped a low drain hose and refilled with The ZT Gen 1. Small amount of residual water not an issue. Still clear after 2 years. On a 310.
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I did this but blew it out with air also. A little water will just boil off with time.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Thanks Guys.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just getting back to the work side of things after the holidays. As the others said, it's not the end of the world, but the water won't really mix, it just creates expansion in the system until it eventually works it's way out.

I was quite worried about the brown junk that dropped with my stock coolant which Tinken later told me was a result of leak stop tablets they drop in from the factory. I flushed mine with water until it drained clear, blew it out with air, and left it open overnight before adding the Gen1. It's possible I may have gone a little overboard.

I'm sure you have already thought of this, but in a pinch you can mix the Gen 1 and 2. The XF2 is designed to be more efficient than XF1 because it has a thinner viscosity so it flows better through the system which helps with heat transfer.

River-Runner, what color is your XF2 by chance?