2360 miles on rear tire

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Teambowles, Jul 1, 2014.

?

Good mileage?

Yes 1 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Never had a SM before, is 2360 miles on a rear Michelin pilot power tire good mileage? I'm thinking about switching brands, thoughts... image.jpg
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I blew through a SM 610 rear in 1200 miles to the cords!!! Forgot what that POS was but 2000-4000 sounds about right for a good tire. SMs seem hard on tires. 4 stroke single pounding away at it I guess.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It's wearing fast because your not using all of the tire. Get rid of those chicken strips :)
    For real though, I was getting about that out of a WR250X if not a little less. I'd say it's alright. On the other hand my GSXR did much better. Do you take it offroad at all?
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Very little off road...ive never had the michelins before and thought I would get a few more miles out of them due to it only being a 450...My 13 zx10 has about 1800 miles on her with the 016 bridgestones and I still have alot of tread on them with alot more hp on board. I average about 3000 miles on my litre bikes over the years usually running the dunlaps. Yup those damn chicken strips are squaking.....
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    That is about right. Mine may make it to 1600 on the rear but have a few track days. Teambowles, do you ever make it out to the kart track? I would love to run with another 449/511 bike :)
  6. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Man I would love to but im way north of you and at this time I dont have the time to run to the bay area. Was thinking about going to willows and run the track there but thats more suited for the old zx10. Alot of friends have litre bikes and weve talked about going to willows but something always comes up.
  7. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Ahh, its worth it for a day of riding. Sonoma is the best, What about shasta? They repaved it,, I have never been. Is that closer?
  8. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah wished I kept my toy hauler that would of made it easier. Which shasta are you talking about? Lots of great roads up here, lots of open spaces and windy roads, finding the time to ride is the problem. The heat doesn't help it was 110 here over the weekend lol
  9. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    So rear tire is officially toasted no more tread...new one goes on tomorrow 2900 miles can't complain about that..riding area is getting roasted as well... image.jpg
  10. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I got 1500 miles from my rear to today....the side is shot and most of the center. I could squeek it out to 2000 maybe, but its done.

Thinking of the rainy season (well damp road in the mornings season) and possibly trying the pilot road 4 trail tires? I also have been hitting up dirt roads and fire roads tahoe area so maybe the rain tires will grab better?