1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2020 tx300i build

Discussion in '2st' started by 87husky500xc, Feb 1, 2020.

1. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I’ve been meaning to make a thread showing some of the new stuff on the bike but I’ve been super busy getting it put back together so I have some time before the season opener to ride it. So here it goes
    -Acerbis 3.1 gallon tank
    -Cycra pro bends
    -GET ecu/race kit
    -S3 head
    -Idle adjustment screw from Slavens
    -3.8 shock spring from Slavens
    -tmd skid plate/linkage guard
    -Checkpoint water pump impeller
    -aluminum pipe guard
    -number plate graphics from bike graphix
    -Enduro Engineering end cap
    -7602 radiator guards
    Just buttoned it up last night after working many late nights after work. Went through the whole bike and greased everything. As for how it runs we’ll see. Still have some little odds and ends to do but it’s pretty much ready to go. Hope to get out this afternoon and see how it does with the new ecu. I imagine the rest will do it’s job without a problem.
    BB4D6CC9-CFA1-4E61-BDA5-CBE80DBB7777.jpeg
    46DD9B8B-3784-40D8-BB29-CDC056F46031.jpeg
    325240D1-C8D4-4033-A53E-FDA8C432A488.jpeg
    8852BAF8-1F14-4567-A7F2-82FC8B708FB3.jpeg
    Kam1 likes this.
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
  4. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Meant to get more photos during the process and still have so I may add but didn’t have the patience to keep cleaning my hands and getting my phone to take a picture. Especially when it’s 1 am and you have to be at work by 5am for a 11 hour day. This was most of my night this last week and a half or so
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Tuning in...
    Kam1 likes this.
  6. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Got about three hours on it yesterday and man I love this thing. I do miss the te 1st gear at times but I’ll be alright without it. The bike ran flawlessly and I’m getting very close to having the suspension where I want it. I dropped the air pressure down to 130ish lbs and about 20 clicks from bottom. Havent played with rebound much but need to slow it down a little. The shock is all stock besides the spring and is pretty good but need to drop the compression a little otherwise it’s good enough for me. I didn’t like the forks at first and they felt pretty harsh but they seem to get better every time I ride. The power delivery is great now and the bottom pulls very nice compared to what it was. The middle is incredible. I don’t need to change the gearing at all like I previously thought. With a 14 on the front it’s very versatile and flys out in the open. I’m still wanting to drop a gear when I’m in first but a light touch of the clutch and it does what I want. The bike is so smooth all the way through now. Nothing weird or unpredictable. Just all power all the way through. For those not familiar with the get ecu you can connect your phone to the bike while it’s running and make fuel/ignition adjustments on each map up to 40 percent richer and 10 percent leaner from 0. Its very quick to hook up (wireless) and the changes apply immediately. I intentionally went up like 10 percent on the bottom and it ran awful compared to zero percent but I wanted to test it out and feel the impact. I like this feature a bunch. At the end I only ended up adding 5 percent at the 7500rpm range. Now I’m not going to say the get is the only way to go but I love it already. I know there are other cheaper options but this option for me is the most versatile and gives you the most freedom with tuning. As for the head, not a necessity at all but for the extra low end i believe it’s worth it. I may start a separate thread fully detailing the get and tuning when I get a chance. I don’t want to say any of this was an absolute necessity to have a decent bike but I wanted something specific and this bike is now exactly what I want. I may take a quick ride around the neighborhood with the airbox cover off because it still kinda feels like it’s starving for air. Nothing a little vent work won’t fix. But before I cut into it I want to see if there is a noticeable difference. There definitely was on my 15. Not a ton but a little. Im waiting to crush the stock pipe before I upgrade. It’ll happen at some point undoubtably. So for the moment I’m just going to ride the hell out of it and see how it goes. I’ll be racing it on the 16th so I’ll have more insight on what else I want to improve. I might need some grip warmers haha
    B53667E7-84D6-4C27-884C-1AB07345CF92.jpeg
    Kam1 likes this.
  7. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Here is a quick screenshot from the WIGET app the ecu uses. This is not the actual numbers from mine as I’m not connected to it at the moment but just a template of what it looks like
    AEF3D9B6-3EBA-45F5-BE19-42690A01731A.png
    As you can see you can edit ignition and fuel injection on map 1 and 2 while you are on the trail. The bike does have to be running or you have to plug in the dongle that powers everything up (the same thing you use to prime the oil pump). The map in my ecu has different rpms at the top too btw.
  8. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Enjoy that beast...kinda look like Marvin Muscuin and looks cold lol
    87husky500xc likes this.
  9. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Hahahaha never heard one. That’s funny. I’m aching to get the hell of work so I can go ride more. It was about 28 in that pic. Not the most comfortable but it is what is. Today should be mid thirties when I get home which blows but I’ll take it
    Teambowles likes this.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Does the GET give it more top end? Seems every tester says they sign of fairly early stock.
  11. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    There is definitely more up top. Stock it did sign off a little early but I didn’t think it was to much different than my 15 te. It’s definitely not like a tc or sx though. I’m no expert though either and haven’t ridden a huge variety of bikes.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  12. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    The next forced upgrade......
    4502F182-6466-4FA2-8211-8ADE4753791A.jpeg
    In the past 5 years I’ve only had two flat tires. One was on my brand new ‘15 with less than 5 hours on it and then last night I went out right at dawn with the intent of getting a little half hour ride in and ten minutes out and my back was dead flat. Both times I was on a Dunlop at81. Both times on a very low hour bike. Not going to totally blame the tire but what a coincidence. Either way it’s fixed now. Never was crazy about the at81s anyway. Wanted to grab a Sedona but no one local had one so I went back to the good ol desert it.