2019 Los Ancianos MC Sprint Enduro (SOLD OUT)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Oct 24, 2019.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    3 different Tests all 25-30 miles progressively harder, 0701 start, 4 riders per minute. start on your minute and go as fast as you can until your done x 3.
    SOLD OUT within hours
    @300 riders, at $175 entry
    I wish all clubs could generate that enthusiasm
    Tecate here we come, I for one much better prepared this year (last year was hampered by serious sciatic nerve issue, but still finished 15th 50+ SSen). Phys condition is very good (too old to be excellent any more!!) Bike is so good 2017 TX300 is well dialed in.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Our very local suspension guy Suspension 101 (Endurocross Noah Kepple's and 50+ Baja winner Gio Spinali's suspension technician) has something for me...but I am getting very close to the event, and may forgo any last minute changes. Thoughts?
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    This weekend a large number of Pro entries prize $$$$ talks.

Attached Files:

4. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    My bike's ready - I'm not. Only three rides in the last five months, so this is definitely going to be a trail ride for me. Conditions are looking like they could be epic. I'm shooting for two loops and if I feel up to it I'll go for three. Just got the Nitro mouse's installed along with new rubber. Running the "soft" version in the back and standard up front. Nice to not have to worry about flats or failures.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    That was a hard one....I abandoned after 2 Loops (tests) took the hour out. After a lot of prep mud bogs mentally and physically brought my fun factor to zero. So after Loop 2 test and being slightly behind the clock going into Loop 3 I threw in the towel soaking wet covered in mud. And although I hate giving up it was best for my body. All my finisher friends said there was absolutely no joy on L3 is was 90% wet muddy rocks...for about 40 miles. If I went I think my back disc issue would have been reinjured. For 2020 I will do more races again and be ready to kill it in the 2020 Tecate Enduro
    PS I have not DNF'd one of these since 1997 on my KTM300EXC so my record is still pretty good this has always been a high fail rate event and most all of the winners/podiums are world class off road guys.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    additional-----My flow was never "on" and after getting stuck on L1 and mentally and physically drained I soldiered on through L2 and counted the miles until L2 ended. I pulled off my helmet after L2 and elected not to continue on into L3. My first DNF since 1997 and kind of the same situation, in 97 made it into lunch stop still on time and called it a day. I think with a little more time on my new S101 set up and a little less mud bogs....and I would have continued and at least finished. On my monitor (MyZone) I was running in the 140+ heart rate for about half or more of the 2 loops with a couple of red zone 150+ from the mud bogs with calorie count close to 5000 over 5 plus hours.
    I always make assessments, and now believe with my scrip med requirement it had me dehydrated from the drop on the card and that deficit really decreased my usual game. Going into a real tough enduro like Tecate with any deficit is doom for failure. My hands were seriously pruned even after L1 (sign of dehydration) or maybe just a sign of being water logged?