1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2018 TX 300

Discussion in '2st' started by Duct Tape, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Picked up my new bike at Elite today. Looks great and a couple of rides around the parking lot and my neighborhood felt like a pretty good start with the jetting. The Mikuni comes w a S4 needle jet rather than the R8 and the starting pilot is a 25. I'm on the leaner of the two needles, 42-75, on the 3rd notch but may drop it to the second after I ride higher up. Right now at 6000' but go up to almost 13K.

Plenty of stuff in the garage to start adding on.

Looks nice so far. Will try to post some pics later.

Jon
    ripnriding, Kam1 and Mikey97D like this.
  2. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Hmm, maybe no one cares? Anyway, first brief jetting run from 6-7000. 3rd notch is too high as I suspected. I'll drop it tomorrow after I get up to Crested Butte. The bike feels much lighter than my FE 350 or older 500 XCW.

Decided to give the 2nd gen Tubliss another shot. Don't know why since I had poor luck w the much older first generation but was talked into it by some local riding friends who said my preferred mousse choices would make the bike feel heavier. Since it's so light I decided to try to keep it that way, but was regretting that call about halfway through the rear Tubliss install. Mousse were so much easier IMO.
    Norman Foley and LandofMotards like this.
  3. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    Whoaaaa whoaaaa WHOA, we ALL CARE and just been a little busy. Need photos and more of a ride report and more photos and naked ladies and another ride report with both in the photo.

So, we are heading your way in a week. Will be camping at/near Sargents and riding there from 9-1 thru 9-8. Would ask about jetting advice, but we are on different needle jets (2017 stock R8) and I have a mod'd air box, notched slide, JD kit, V-Force Reeds, and a S3 head, so I'm starting with the JD suggestion and will adjust from there.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  4. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Rode Sargents yesterday and Fossil Ridge today. Beautiful weather but raining right now in Almont. Jetting needs work. Installed is much too rich. Will probably change to both a leaner needle and notch and leaner main.
  5. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    All I have at the moment. In truck before first ride.

Attached Files:

ripnriding and MxFan69 like this.
  6. jsromeo288 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    510smr TE300 701 @2smoke_romeo ig
    We need some more pictures ! If this was my baby I would have 100 pictures already
    NCSteve likes this.
  7. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    Very nice. I see the Sedonna tire. I just spooned on a fresh Shinko Cheater 505. Do you have an experience with the 505 in CO ?
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Tubliss is easy, it's that Sedona 907 that's a PITA! Works great once it's on. Good luck getting it off without pinching and damaging the liner :cheers:
  9. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    no pics. it didn't happen
  10. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    I sent a pic.

Will work on Saturday me more later.

I've used the 907 on several bikes with good results. Two friends use and like the Shinko Cheater but I've never used it.

Changed jetting to 2nd notch, same 42-75 needle, 25 pilot and switched to the leanest main that came with kit, 430. Considering 420 maybe even 410 for days above 12,000. Much better.
  11. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Compared to the Dunlop 803 everything else is easy.
  12. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Here are a few more pics in the garage. Nothing fancy.

Add ons included an FMF 2.1 w spark arrestor, AXP skid plate, P3 pipe guard and Cycra hand guards. Jim at BRP helped me get his new 4 post top clamp and Scotts mount set up. I went with the harder of the two rubber mounts for the 2 stroke, but am thinking of going to the softer set on my 350.

Rekluse is also installed, but unlike with at least my 4 strokes, I ride a two stroke still using the clutch lever and the auto clutch is just there helping prevent stalls. Some have said new bikes are so stall proof the auto clutches aren't needed. We'll soon see.

IMG_4602.JPG IMG_4604.JPG IMG_4605.JPG IMG_4606.JPG
  13. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    I added the TE headlight and tail fender, horn, brake light switch, and mirror to get Colorado compliance certification to get the street tags.

Not sure if this is new for 18's or also for earlier models, but grips come with the mountain bike version clamp-on style. This affects how you open up the ends to tap the bars for screw -in Cycra mounts. I'm told the throttle tube and grip come as one unit, and need to be bought and replaced as so, so rather than cutting off the existing grip and changing to my preferred Kevlar grips I just used the stock ones for now but will try to get more info about this as grips wear out. IMG_4607.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4607.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4607.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4607.JPG IMG_4601.JPG
  14. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Sorry for duplicate pics. New to posting them.

If you want to add a mirror on the clutch perch as I've done with Doubletake ones in the past, the old Brembo mount with the Ram ball won't work. You need one that will fit the Magura unit which operates as more of a hinge style.

Ned gave me a part number to try and I'll post it once I get it if it fits.

IMG_4579.JPG
    ripnriding likes this.
  15. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Still waiting for mod approval for several replies to prove I'm not a bot or something worse.

Here's a pic of the new owners manual case, some type of gray fabric unlike the older KTM/Husky zippered ones. Contains user manual, clothes catalog, tube w extra jets/needle/valve springs but no tool kit. No tire tool for the new 17/32mm F/R combo.

FullSizeRender.jpg
  16. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Edit to earlier post. It's the left grip that has a clamp bolt mount. It seems to me the ProTaper bars grip size is still stock so you can remove clamp on unit and slide/glue a regular grip if you want.

Throttle grip/tube is one unit. I'm guessing you can cut and peel off grip only, and add a new one to tube just like in past but haven't tried yet.
  17. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Still waiting for mod approval. Honestly, this is a disincentive to get involved here vs KTMT. I get it that it's important to keep a good, honest, clean web site and that mods and admins have other real day jobs and are busy. Other web sites limit access to classifieds or PM's until a certain threshold is reached. I've posted about 15 or so posts but still haven't reached "normal visitor" status.

Anyway, rant over. Hope I'm not banned mods??? :)

I bought some 400, 410 and 420 mains and a 42-76 needle (the leanest avail) from Chip Munn to try out up high.

Jon
  18. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Here's a pic of the '18 300 jetting chart from manual if interested.

IMG_4587.JPG
  19. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)

Curious...what did they change for 2018 other than the color of the fork guards :)
  20. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    It was a short list, IIRC, carb tuning, fork tuning, Magura brakes on some :confused:
    ripnriding likes this.