1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2018 TE150 price.....

Discussion in '2st' started by Norman Foley, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Yes, good point, and related to posts number 7 and 8, above.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Zero interest in a 250 on my part.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 150 runs so good for me that you won't want the 250. Lots of discussion on issues with the '17 TE150 but mine has been flawless. Now I have done the usual mods I do so that maybe something the normal rider doesn't want to do but it is a near perfect bike right now.
    Picklito, dartyppyt and Norman Foley like this.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I love smallbores....but come on....overpriced smallbore...a smallbore is typically considered and entry level bike if a tc 250 is 7300 a tc 125 should be 6300-6500..KTM has done it again...limited availability and lazy man electric start for a bike a ten year old can start...where they couldn't give away red Italian wr's barely. So because of this and smart marketing strategy they again have figured out how to make the bike top priced and hard to get your hands on....bravo KTM..
    Picklito and Teambowles like this.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Trying to figure where the extra expense is in the bigger current bike, Suspension-nope, frame-nope, all the small parts other than engine mechanicals- nope, Slightly more expensive engine mechanicals- ok, slightly more expensive pipe, wheels, and tires- ok. Just doesn't add up to more than few hundred bucks. Are bikes too expensive today? Maybe but they are in business to make money and we all know the results of not making money.

Last I checked they weren't putting e-start on any of the TC's so why the attitude? I love the e-start every time I am stopped on a nasty side hill, severe climb or jumping logs on both. I am short and old, with horrible knees e-start is a very welcome addition. OBTW, I ride where there is actual altitude change....minimum 3-4K' a ride, so our side hills and climbs are an actual real thing.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    As for the Retail cost per unit, guys its not just marketing strategy itself, fail or not.....its the international currency market. $ vs Euro, etc etc . prices reflect these additional costs (even if they are kind of artificial , they do have a local value in them), Just for additional thought.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm certainly not trying to argue with anyone....beta wisely chose to leave both estart and oil injection off of there 125...bravo to them! A small bore two stroke starts with ridiculously low effort. However I understand some folks need or want electric start... And with a lithium ion battery simple wiring and better starter location design of course there are benefits...besides the extra weight... This really isn't about the electric start...for years and years a typical 125, cost approximately 800-1000 less...not because of different suspension...cheaper design etc..but some of it may of been marketing ...however that was what they were..I'm just using a tc 125 and 250 because I know retail... 6999,and 7299 I believe...I get it smallbores are great! Raced them extensively... However most normal people a-c class will turn a better time on a 250 in a race... Not to mention.... Mistakes are more easily overcome on a 250....sand dunes are more fun...hill climbs are better...and with a counterbalanced engine and only $300 more $$$$ its a no brainer for me. However...as I was super fast on a red 144 I am intrigued of a tc 125 with 150 kit , woods equipped weighing in at and amazing 195 pounds!!! While my tc is a super light 212 pounds that still is 17 pounds lighter....amazing to throw around...I understand Te 150 I believe only weighs 205 I believe...so without and air fork and with electric start lights etc..only ten more pounds then the motocross model and a 150,already... Amazing. After all this rambling I'm sorry fact is they are all overpriced... And by old standards the 150 is 500-700 to much...would love to ride one...seen a 17 xc 150 KTM but no husky 150's my way yet
    racemx904 likes this.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    8 K for a 150 - I think its still cheap . We don't get them in Oz so you are lucky :(
    A '17 Te300 is over 14k Aussie $ so you guys still have it good .:thumbsup:

The 125 enduro market is a niche market and price should be lower to attract more buyers

For me if the price was close or the same Id go with the 250 - The thing I like about the 250 is if you are cruising along you can access torque and speed a lot easier ..
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    This is why a YZ125 is so tempting, On cycle trader right now a new 2017 is $5,900 and a 2018 is $6,500 (plus I'm sure my local dealer would beat those prices). They have better forks than any KTM and the 2K you save will go a long way in aftermarket parts. I was thinking a 134cc kit with race fuel head and porting for $500 and an oversized tank for $200, an FMF fatty and an 18" rear rim and spoke set and for me a re-valve and springs and SKF seals for $600 and I'd be more than happy.
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  12. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I found a '17 150XC-W for $5700, but don't want PDS....
    dartyppyt likes this.
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stay tuned For the one off TC 125 converted to full on off road set up. I love my TE300 for King of the moto and last dog standing. But for the National Hare and Hounds I am headed back to a new Husky TC 125. Full list and details to follow you just have to wait a few more weeks until I can tell all and post pictures
    robertaccio, 454x and gots_a_sol like this.
  15. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    There is a local guy trying to sell a pair of '16 TC125's on ebay. I've seen them both posted with a reserve and buy it nows of $5000 and $5300 I think. Neither one has sold both times I've seen them up.

I considered a TC but I'm already sick of the close ratio trans my 177 has, so if I'm buying something else it is going to have at least a semi-wide ratio trans :lol:
  16. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've not liked the way huskatoomaberg have done their semi-wide ratios for years now. With 1-4 wide and 4-6 close, it's completely backwards. When I'm in the tight stuff I want 1-4 close. 4-6 should have been the wider gears for transfer sections.
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Actually, if I had to do it all over again, I'd pay 9K for the bike. It will rip any small bore to shreds! Mine even hangs with, or beyond some of the 2 fitty two strokes. Definately a 250 4 stroke stomper!
    I Just Carbon copied my TMXX V3 modded carb, special needle, machined slide, for nother member on here and he is happy as heck and same results. I copied it to a T but set his topend end down from mine about 10%. He gonna chime in here soon!
    It will hole shot easy, not wear you out racing. Xplor fork is good till gets broken in then spring change to your liking. Sure he will chime in on some of his Xplor findings, tips, etc.....
    Plus everybody and their brother makes aftermarket parts for it. That is a blessing. No more oddball under powered odd ball 125rs anymore without out dealer or aftermarket support. Look at the Itailan stuff! It's getting dropped more and more and more out there for current aftermarket stuff.
    hakkalugi, John Bunker and Picklito like this.
  18. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fletchman is correct about the pricing. You have to remember that a lot of 125s are sold in Europe for road use so the production numbers for 125s are lager then other models. I am guessing that maybe KTM isn't doing this ? I know that is why other manufacturers had the price difference.
  19. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    They are merely operating a for-profit business. They sell out every year. Prices will go up and up until there are crates sitting around with no takers.
  20. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    How do you figure that? We've got two '18's on our floor, they've been here a couple weeks.