1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2017 TX300 Kick starter shaft/idler gear issue

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Oct 21, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Anyone? Mine is making quite a bit of high pitch grinding sound and the shaft has quite a bit of in and out play. I will diassemble tomorrow night. For parts inspection and hopfully enough time to order stuff if needed in time for 100s national H&H next weekend.....
  2. Mikey97D Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM 250XC; '72 HD Electra-Glide
    How does it look? How many hours on the bike?

Mine isn't making any noise that I am aware of, but it only has about 60 hours on it now.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I still need to pull the clutch assy. was deep into a yz250 project last night, I will make a post about that in non husky section.. Will be back on the TX tonight. I saw the issue of the engine case cracking at the mount , but this is not what is the issue , however I will do the longer screw mod for more material support of the idler gear. This is one of those beating the dead horse thread on KTM and T talk deals...
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    FYI this is my idler gear bushing, no issues here I will check the depth of the hole and its allowance for deeper threads and a longer screw for more side load support. I just don't see a shear load issue here , like all the T Talk and kato talk commandos talk about. I have a grip gauge to check the depth/thickness of the case material and as long as the assy is off I may choose to add a longer screw depending on the depth of the hole (which does appear to go all the way through the case, so its open into the gearbox )
    Anyway with that press fitted bushing on there it looks robust.
    TX300 idler gear bushing.jpg
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    kick starter gears , you can visibly see the end of the gear teeth have worn to a rounded edge. From the kick starter being unseated from my bent pipe and staying in partial ratchet mode.
    TX300 kick starter gears.jpg
  6. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Could you remove one of those gears and run the bike just to see if that was causing the noise?
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm not going to reassemble to do a noise check. Reassemble with new stuff and leave it!! Ready to race. Tecate is coming fast....and my body is not in prime condition....I'm having bad nerve stuff from my back...not at peak right now. wind wise I'm fine but this sciatica stuff sucks!!
  8. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    ".and my body is not in prime condition....I'm having bad nerve stuff from my back...not at peak right now. wind wise I'm fine but this sciatica stuff sucks!!"

Join the crowd- I'm still trying to get my knee looked at . Didn't think I should try the race unless I knew something for sure, but I think I'm going to try riding again and see how it does. I can mtn bike ok but I sure can't kneel down and work on appliances (like I have to do all day) without it really bothering me :mad: