1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2017 te250 jetting

Discussion in '2st' started by Pedec, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Going to try and make factory carb work on my 2017 te250. Just wondering what everyone is running for jetting. I live at 2000 feet above sea level.
  2. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    Marked as I need to know the same. Picking the same bike up this week, and ride anywhere from 0 to 2000 feet asl.
  3. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So a update rode my 17 te250 yesterday was +8c which is unseasonally warm where I live but still colder than bike will usually be ridden I live at 2000 feet above sea level. So I did three heat cycles and thought bike was really rich top to bottom. Dropped main and pilot one jet size from 40-440 to 37.5-430 thats it. Bike ran great I mean almost Lectron good could not ask for much better. Bike has very trackable power down low and smooth but still has alot of power up top very easy to ride. It not 250sx type of power which is good do not want that on a off road bike. Did a couple wide open runs and checked plugged which looked great nice tan color. So far very happy with my purchase and hope bike still runs good once it warms up. Not sure why 300 are having problems running.
    tommytwostroke likes this.
  4. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good to know. I am holding off the purchase of ANYTHING, until I at least try to sort it with factory needles and jets. I have had great success with the JD Jetting kits, so that will be my second default move. The third move will be to start cutting holes in the air box, and file the notch in the slide. None of which I have any issue with, as for decades now, every bike I've ever owned need a little extra TLC to get it right.
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was blown away how right this bike felt with just a few jetting changes. I was going to keep my old trusty wr165 until after I got quite few good ride on te250 but after just one WR165 went up for sale today that how good bike felt. Just on a gravel road fooling around trying to make bike die or stutter by lugging it to find a fault I found none and was looking hard after hearing all the problems people are having. Or running it through the gears as hard as I could to a top speed over 80mph yet bike still has a creeper first gear. Hope suspension and handling works out as good as motor so far.
    rockdancer likes this.
  6. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good to hear and keep us in the loop as to your plug reading as your temps change. I will start posting up the same once I have some data to share. Riding from 0 - 500 ft asl for the first few rides on it will give a good alternate view compared to your 2000 ft asl findings. At some point in the next 6 months it will go up to 1000 - 2000 ft asl, and we'll see what needs adjusted. On the last 5 KTM smokers (250's and 300's), I have been able to just simply adjust the AS and have been fine with the same jetting from 0 - 2000 ft asl during the same time of year. Obviously I've had to adjust for winter vs summer temps/humidity changes.

Barry
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ya I was 90% sure I would need a Lectron and still might if I need to adjust much for temp and alttude I will change. The lectron are set and forget almost like EFI.
  8. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I WAAAANNNAAA RIDE MY NEW BIKE wa wa wa wa cry cry cry pout pout pout. I gotta get my butt in gear and get this bike picked up asap.
  9. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    I'll tell you why...... People become lemmings in this day of media output. No one seems to think for themselves anymore. People read things and figure it has to be true.."cause I read it in... Such and such.... Magazine/website" good job RIDING THE BIKE FIRST . Making the adjustments that YOU feel necessary are key points to becoming "one" with your machine.