1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2017 TE150 from Canada

Discussion in '2st' started by Bearscare57, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    Hello all.

Picking up a new TE150 tomorrow and figured I would start asking some questions early. My two main concerns are a linkage guard and if the stock skid plate has been enough for everyone else. On Vancouver Island in BC we have a pretty gnarly trail system, lots of rocks and lots of logs. I really like the look of the Fastway Linkage guard and its ability to lower the bike a little, but havnt been able to find out if they are the same as the 2016 TE models.

I guess people haven't updated their sites yet with what aftermarket parts with carry over from 2016 to 2017.

(yes i will get pictures of the bike tomorrow!)
  2. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    I can't believe the detail on these things.

Attached Files:

gots_a_sol likes this.
  3. blink_618 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 te150
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 kx250f
    one of the first things I replaced was skid plate. I switched to tm designworks few bikes back and that's what I put on my te150 too.
  4. KddF1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
  5. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
  6. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    2.5 hours on this thing, everything feels great, except the carb.

My location and current temperature are bang on for the stock setting, but it likes to stumble a bunch. I think it's running too rich.

My instruction manual doesn't have any info on setting the float height. Can anyone give me some tips?

Attached Files:

7. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    Well I'm glad it came with some extra jets. I had to go down to 37.5 on the pilot and to the 42-74 needle(clip in the middle). I'm operating at 10-15 degrees C and from 100-600M. Getting closer, doesn't consistently pull smooth onto the pipe, and idles up a bit after getting some real heat into it. But man I like the chassis and engine, awesome am out of torque, but still extremely exciting when you rev it. Very frustrating to buy a brand new bike that wouldn't even rev of the showroom floor.

Attached Files:

8. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    float seems to be set to low from stock, ill try and get a pic of mine tomorrow if I get 2 seconds to think. Spooge from the tail pipe? Mine was rich too, the stock jets included didnt go low enough on the bottom end. im at a 35 pilot 480 main.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I just got home from 12 days of riding. The TE150 is amazing. The Lectron is a great option for this motor. Ran flawlessly day in and day out and only needed one 1/4 turn adjustment initially. This is 1/4 turn from how it was set up with the TC150 but that was only 1/4 turn from how it was set up by Lectron. It isn't a necessary option as Darin has shown that the Mikuni can be setup to really work well. But for us guys that ride wide ranges of elevations and don't want to spend time making adjustments it is a great option.

This motor is so impressive. Pulls from 0 to a screaming top end right out of the box. Probably the most flexible small bore motor I have ridden. I am going to tear the motor down completely this weekend to start to look at what's what inside. I am not sure what I will do other than basic clean up but still want to look.

Suspension was surprisingly good with minor clicker adjustment and I am way over designed weight for this bike. Will be re-springing for my lard and probably won't make any internal adjustments.

Handling was amazing just like the TC150. Just does it all so easily.

Word of warning. The shifter is not very durable. Simple rock hit in the Moab area destroyed mine. Not a hard hit and riding there you are going to hit rocks period. I haven't found an aftermarket item for this model yet but I will be calling Hammerhead today to investigate.

More to come later after I get home from work.
    Red dawg, AndrewS, gots_a_sol and 4 others like this.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Nice write up Walt!
  11. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno

Yeah the muffler are rear caliper were getting pretty gross. Its getting better now, but I will have to wait until next weekend to get another ride on this thing.

You think the float is set too low from the factory? mine pisses gas when the bike is on an angle.

I see no reason why I wont be able to get this carb running perfect. One of my friends here is pretty good with them. It just seems like every single piece inside of the carb is wrong from the factory, so it will take a while to get it all sorted.
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    12 days? Damn!

How'd ya get on with shifter jus bend it bak into shape n kp ridin?
  13. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

Mine was doing the same just trying to put it on the stand id dump fuel everywhere, then I over adjusted & would starve it out after a long wot straight. Just needs a little bit, my bike is up in the barn & its pouring out so im not going up there today lol!
  14. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    O
    this is good to know. I will wait for you instructions to adjust mine.
  15. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Attached a file of how mine is. You might have to tinker slightly as every bike is different but this should get you a good base. Looking at it like it would be sitting in the carb the tab is pushed down (towards the inside of the carb if it was installed) slightly.

Attached Files:

Bearscare57 likes this.
  16. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    Ok. I will lower mine bit by bit. So yours never dumps gas anymore? Or just less often?
  17. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    If the bike is sitting on its side itll dump, but thats whats its designed to do.
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Float is set at 8mm from bottom of carb body to top of float. The needle seat, needle has a preload spring plunger in it.
    The float has to be set with carb at an angle so the float tab just rests on it but does not push it down.

You can go 9 mm but you must do a carb bowl mod and float bowl, main nut mod by drilling 4 holes. If you don't do that then carb can run out of gas. This mod ensures that nut is always full of fuel for your main jet.

Attached Files:

lankydoug likes this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I did the same bowl mod and set my float so that when I leaned the bike to the left at a 45 degree angle it would pee out the vent hose. It worked perfect until I got a Lectron which needs no mods.
    NCSteve likes this.
  20. Bearscare57 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 Beta Techno
    My float bowl already has 4 holes drilled in it from the factory i believe, are you saying drill 4 more?

I will investigate tonight hopefully.